Asun86

Hello there !

My name is David,

I'm 26 years old and I have recently been diagnosed with Aspergers (Google spell check is telling me its supergrass syndrome !!) syndrome, I'm a little bit lost in life really so wanted to join up to the forum and get some advice and also look for ways in which to meet people who also have a disorder from the Autistic spectrum.

Many thanks.

:cheers:

Supergrass Syndrome - I like it! :) Hi and welcome :) I'm a new diagnos-ee too :)

Hi and welcome

hehe re googles confusing spellings. i just type in Autism or 'Asperger syndrome' to get information from google.

Great they sent you here though :-)

What languages can you speak? I can speak French and Spanish but easier when in the country practising the language.

A few years ago 'watch my French' was a documentary that sent 4 celebrities to immerse themselves in speaking French by being in France. 1 celebrity had the unfortunate additional problem of being dyslexic as well.

Which computer games do you like playing? I'm a fan of 'Sonic the hedgehog' and a few other SEGA games. Also love 'the Sims' games but prefer the 'university' expansion packs.

I liked the original Sonic on the Mastersystem - the weird thing is I can remember all the best routes, where all the crystals are hidden, even after all these years... computer games and routes (including maps in real life) just seem to burn themselves into my mind and I just seem to know them.

Trekster, thanks for your welcome.

I speak a bit of French and also a bit of German.

I'm a big multi player gamer on the pc and enjoy games like L4D.

Darkshine, I still remember a lot of routes and maps from old games as well, maybe it will be useful one day xD

Maybe if there's a old school video game tournament with those sorts of games....

It's useful for planning real life journeys I guess - not that I go on many :lol:

Some research has shown that playing strategy games can increase intelligence. :-)