Mannify

Songs to which you involuntarily know the words

I know the main bits of this (not the monologuing bits), through no fault of my own - it played seemingly continually for a while when I worked at a leisure centre.

Basically pick a large number of highly irritating songs and I know the damn words after hearing them a couple of times - my particular top hated list includes movie songs that stayed in the charts WAY TOO LONG - there are 3 in my mind straight away and I refuse to say any of them - but a clue would be "someone shot an arrow at a wedding on a sinking ship" and that might be enough for some people to figure it out.

It would, of course, be sheer evil to post those three songs, and I'm not that evil. :halo:

Here's another of mine.

Edited by Mannify

This is one where I knew I had subconciously learn't about 90% of the lyrics and when it would come on in some function for example it anoyed me I would make a mistake or not know a little bit so I made an effort to learn the rest.

I guess I am not the only one on the planet who has done this, problem when they make songs this long.

Edited by LancsLad

Also, I've really shot myself in the foot with this thread coz now I have that stoopid stoopid Never Ever song stuck fast in my brain and there's no bloomin' escape :angry: .

I learn song words very well because I listen to them at work on my ipod to give my brain a break from all other stimulus going around me. Unfortunately I still can't sing in tune.

Yeah, but that's actually cool, rufusrufus. My stuff is so desperately cringe-worthy.

Aww, I love a bit of No Scrubs! :P

What I find more irritating is when a new song is so predictable I can actually say what is coming next, purely based on the rhyme...

I know: blah blah love, blah from above. Blah blah cried, blah inside etc etc :P

Dont know how to post a link to YouTube

But Buffalo Stance by Neneh Cherry!

Heard it on a top 10 on the radio the other day after not hearing it for years and still knew all the words