smileyK

parents going abroad for first time alone on their own!!!

my parents are going away abroad tomorrow turkey for 8 days on their own as couple which they never done before always took us ( me and twin brother) so be nice for them spend time on their own together! going to be weird/strange but suppose all part of independence = growing up!!! it's scary anxious step but got to be done sometime! mum made list of emergency numbers if need them (family ,neighbours ) and also do's and don'ts instructions of what setting to put washing machine on so don't forget! wrote a list of things to do list so i remember and don't forget as got short term memory loss due to dyspraxia! :P

my parents never left us for this long before so good opportunity to gain more life independent skills through practice of experiences of using washing machine cooking gaining confidence lessen anxiety

i have got family keeping me company thursday night and friday night got my school girl friends coming round saturday night so should be fun times watching dvd's eating sweets got it all planned/sorted ready as i'll ever be! my mum tried help with her lists making it organised/structured routines for me so less stressful/anxious experience for me.

positive is getting to sleep in double bed of my parents so can spread right out.... lovely times! i got reassurance of my lists to help if need reminder or help to make me feel more at ease i hope! (fingers crossed)

XKLX

Awesome! I hope it all goes well for you! You can always ask us stuff on here too, if you get in a muddle, but it sounds like you have wonderful support around you, anywa. It's great to hear you are planning another social night with your school friends, I hope it goes well :)

my mum text me said that there flight had 2 hr delay they were suppose to fly out at 2ish so now be 4ish and takes about 4 hrs to get to turkey my mum hates flying so hope she o.k! i spoke to my mum while they were waiting at airport she and my dad had just had a drink & lunch at wetherspoons at the airport! :) put out two lots of washing today nd one lot done already to be put away! been down tesco's get some shopping for saturday night and put in and pick up some medications /prescriptions i done dinner washed up now chilling watching TV work was mad crazy today too! missing my mum & dad already so strange/weird without them around! miss their reassurance! just want to do my parents proud and not let them down! prove i can do it!

XKLX

My goodness, you've been so busy!!! Well done you! :) I know you want to do your parents proud, and I reckon they'll be proud of you just for trying to cope without them, even if you come unstuck. Asking for help / support isn't the same as failing (it took me a looooooong time to learn this!) so I think you're doing really well :)

yesterday morning before work cleaned out grey bin as had grass in it so hosed it out and then when got home brought washing in that was on the line put it away!!! went on my wii fit plus watched tv then cooked me & my cousin dinner of pizza and oven chips :) today made my cousin brekkie of toast and jam before she had to leave for work and cup of tea! my mum going to ring me tonight she did text me yesterday! i got my other cousin coming round tonight to keep me company watch DVD ,play on the wii ,watch TV may also go gym or jogging after work haven't decided what one yet!

XKLX

It sounds like you're having an awesome time :) Well done, you :)

my parents rang us again yesterday they having lovely time out there the weather was thunder storms in the evening! cooking seems to be going fine,well to be honest thought i'd struggle alot more than what i have! just practice makes perfect as the saying goes & it's true i went to work yesterday afternoon then went gym for 35 mins as didn't feel up to in the mood for my normal workout session felt really tired & drained no energy whatsoever! :( got my 2nd cousin popping in to have quick catch up with her bf this morning! then going to catch up on programmes i recorded yesterday on v+ so chill & relax for bit! have lil sleep maybe too! and do some housework general polishing & dusting quick hoover up as got busy night again planned tonight with girlies coming round

had something planned and booked with family/friends every night while they been away only really mon/tues/weds of next week we'll be 'home alone' & on our own of a night time with no company! im grateful for everyone's assistance in help in one or another! so nice everyone been so kind i appreciate it so much! mum told me she brought me 2 new pretty vest tops they black and purple can't wait to see them! just so along as don't forget my apple tea! i'll be happy girl! i'm just pleased having nice time without us around! mum text me yesterday after i text her reminding her not forgot apple tea as forgot to say on phone! lol :P she text back saying she very proud of 'us;' and to keep up the good work! :) lol so must be doing 'o.k ish then'!!! :P

XKLX

I looooove Turkish Apple Tea! Yum!!! You are doing really fantastically! Don't be too hard on yourself that you didn't do your full gym work out - being without your parents is bound to drain you mentally and emotionally, and that can make you really physically tired (speaking from experience, here!:)) so build in lots of recovery time around the things you need to do, like going to work etc. I think you're doing amazingly well, but I appreciate that it's hard. I hope you have a brilliant time tonight :)

done another lot of washing yesterday, did some house work late afternoon about 2ish! some polishing/dusting/hoovering the house also cleaned the bathroom,washed kitchen floor ( shower and bath) doesn't seem get that dirty with two of us here! lol :P i swear my parents now makes all the damn mess around the place i'm blaming them now as been proven fact! lol :P i also got prepared /organised for the girlie night in get together all went well! played on the wii bowling and wii fit plus also listened to music and chatted too! had so much food in! too much! we order takeaway for me my best friend and my brother! we ordered a (2 medium pizzas,wedges cheesy garlic bread and 1.5 litre of coke free) only come to £21.98 which i thought was good price really! lol :)

today got washing off the line, tidied up and washed up glasses and put away food from last night! , my twin brother took me out for a pub meal ( 3 courses! starter,main dessert) then did some gardening (picking up leaves etc) put alcohol left back in shed food back in fridge! and helped my brother make sandwich for college tomorrow! so still just as busy as last wednesday morning when they left! lol :) so at least clean,tidy and neat! so my mum would be happy lady! so all is in good order!

it has taken alot of energy out of me didn't realise such hard work running a house now know what really involved in it! taken so much out of me to be honest! feel so stupid saying it even! but now know i can do it which is nice feeling!

heard off my mum & dad this evening via phone call not for too long though as costs my mum quite abit! but nice heard her voice find it soothing comforting reassuring so wish could tape it nearly burst into tears tonight!

only just realised how much our parents did for us for all them years ... and realised why they ended up drained,tired exhaused worn out! makes sense now! all adds up!

i going swimming before work tomorrow morning just hope i back to 'normal' and can do my normal swim session of 32 lengths! lol ( fingers crossed)!!! i seem to struggle find difficult to make myself have 'recovery time' from anything especially exercising as feel lazy when don't! :( really don't why i can't have a 'break' 'slow down' feel like i'm always 'rushing around' speeding around everywhere can't calm myself down - restless been told by doc maybe depression or anxiety related???

XKLX

My goodness, you are doing so well! I feel the same way about recovery time - that I "shouldn't" need it, and I'm being lazy etc, but the fact is, I do need it, so I have to do lots of mental re-framing to persuade myself to do it!

It is exhausting running a house, isn't it?! But you are doing really well, I'm glad you got to speak to your Mum, they must be home soon, I should think? Glad your girly night went well too :)

I've looked after the house any number of times while my parents have swanned off on exotic holidays. The eternal lot of the 30-something sporadically employed dutiful daughter. :(

Sorry did post yesterday had really horrid awful day everything went wrong burst into tears! Needed a mum (hug) make me feel better! But watched mammia Mia instead on TV in bed! :) which cheered me up! My mum text me this morning which brightened up my morning! I been swimming this morning brought in some washing b4 I left for swimming! :) I got it wrong parents are back late tomorrow night into early hours of Friday! Going to frankie & bennies Italian restaurant with my brother tonight!

I've looked after the house any number of times while my parents have swanned off on exotic holidays. The eternal lot of the 30-something sporadically employed dutiful daughter. :(

That's a shame :( Just out of interest, is your username the French word for "wind turbine"? My Mum and Dad have a little house in France near lots of wind turbines, but I've only ever heard the word, not seen it written down, but seeing your name made me think that's how it might be spelt! :)

Sorry did post yesterday had really horrid awful day everything went wrong burst into tears! Needed a mum (hug) make me feel better! But watched mammia Mia instead on TV in bed! :) which cheered me up! My mum text me this morning which brightened up my morning! I been swimming this morning brought in some washing b4 I left for swimming! :) I got it wrong parents are back late tomorrow night into early hours of Friday! Going to frankie & bennies Italian restaurant with my brother tonight!

Oh love, sorry you had a rubbish day yesterday, but still, one rubbish day out of eight is still a success in my opinion! Cyber hugs! :) Well done for managing to look after yourself and cheer yourself up though, that's fantastic. Mmm I love Frankie and Benny's! Yum! I had a burger last time I was there, can't remember which one, but it was gorgeous! Hope you enjoy! :)

my parents are back late tonite running into early hours of tomorrow mornin cant wait to see them feels more than a week! Going give my mum and dad biggeat hug ever! Brought my mum some flowers!

tried to stay awake to greet them both but fell asleep on ma bed whilst havin a cat nap! But just woke mum & dad up in bed as realised they were back gave them a quick kiss n hug as they were in bed ti

That's a shame :( Just out of interest, is your username the French word for "wind turbine"? My Mum and Dad have a little house in France near lots of wind turbines, but I've only ever heard the word, not seen it written down, but seeing your name made me think that's how it might be spelt! :)

It is the feminine form of the French adjective for wind energy, as in energie aeolienne, parc aeolien [wind farm]. I wasn't aware of "une aeolienne" being used on its own to mean a wind turbine. The spelling is actually Quebecois, as I first came across the word via a Canadian environmental newsgroup - French French omits the initial A.

It is the feminine form of the French adjective for wind energy, as in energie aeolienne, parc aeolien [wind farm]. I wasn't aware of "une aeolienne" being used on its own to mean a wind turbine. The spelling is actually Quebecois, as I first came across the word via a Canadian environmental newsgroup - French French omits the initial A.

Ah, that's so interesting, thank-you :) The area in which my parents have their house has a very distinct local "patois" (spelling?), so their use of the word might not be strictly conventional! :)

*tired bless them both was just excited see them but will see them both in the morning!

Really glad your parents got home safely, it was very sweet of you to buy your Mum flowers :) I'm sure they're really proud of you, well done! :) If I was in your position I would write myself a little note that says "I can be really proud of myself because I survived their going away" to remind me in the future of what I've achieved - I tend to remember the negative experiences easily, but forget the positive things I should remember! :)