Sign in to follow this  
sawjd

IEP format changed has anyone else been told its a tracker system now

Hello everyone,

The SENCO was very unhelpful in explaining the 'new tracker system' in place of the old IEP has anyone else had this.

Really stressful day and they still did not sort out the statement properly. How could they (LEA) have agreed to name a school when the school was in a state of special measures in the first place is beyond me. The headteacher has said its out of special measures and all i could find was its satisfactory. Yet it has supposed to be taken off special measures as of 1st September yet i cannot find it anywhere. Such a rotten day. Eldest one (21) has just had a massive nose bleed and made a mess in the bathroom everywhere.

Rotten end to a rotten week.

any help would be gratefully received

many thanks

sarni

It can take some time (months) before any Ofsted report is published after a visit and even longer before it is put on-line.

The only tracking systems I know of purely track a child's progress (in math's and literacy) over the year/s. They show whether a child is making expected progress or more or less. This is useful, but is not the same as an IEP.

I don't know that there is a set format for how an IEP should be done. But whatever targets are put in place need to be SMART. Ie. specific, measurable, achieveable, relevant and timed. Something like a Tracker, sounds almost like comparing two end of year school reports. That is not what an IEP is about. So I would ask for an example of a tracker IEP, which they can give you. But the targets [and there must be targets], are SMART.

Could you ask IPSEA about this on their email service?

The other thing I wanted to mention is that the LA are only obliged to provide a "satisfactory" education for any child. Not the best. So being on special measures etc is kind of irrelevant. It is all about your child's needs and whether the school can meet those specific needs. And there are some mainstream schools that are "outstanding" and yet they cannot meet the needs of a child with an ASD.