smileyK

Will I always be seen in Childs world / way???

It really annoys me makes me quite angry and I suppose bitter when my mum says" stop grovelling just because you've been naughty " something you'd say to a child!!! I'm young adult I'm quite offended & insulted it was said in such a way probably doesn't have same real meaning to her but certainly does to me!!! :( it now raised doubt and trust of redponsibilty of where she sees me??? Of where I belong? This just added further confusion to issue of feeling I belong!!!

Find a way to move out and go somewhere else, maybe live with a friend or on your own.

If your family wont respect you then move away. My mum knows when im hungry before

I am but has a tendency to say anti-autistic things to me. As I've attended autscape and have

some autistic friendly friends they know what i am really like, in fact some of them were only

pretending to be my friend.

My Mum still talks to me like I'm a kid a lot of the time, I don't think she means to be insulting at all, but I'm the youngest and she still sees me as "her baby". I think parents often want to protect us, so infantize us to justify in their own minds the higher levels of care we need. Maybe they think they have to put things in "simple" terms so we understand? I don't know. I've always talked like a grown up, and always think I understand what's going on, but at the weekend Mum said "You can have ice cream for dessert if you fancy it, but can you use one of the tubs that's already open please?" - ok, message received and understood, she's trying to finish up leftovers. But I didn't have any because I didn't fancy any of the flavours that had been opened. She later asked why I didn't eat the yummy coconut flavour that was in an individual sized tub..... "Well, it wasn't open, and you said to only eat the open ones". Well it wouldn't have been open, because there was only one portion in it, so it would have been opened and finished and not in the freezer any more! Typical example of Aspie literal thinking though, right? Before my diagnosis I would have berated myself for being "stupid" - now I understand that my mind works like that! :) Anyway, I might have gone off topic a bit, sorry :)