Greatness comes not when things are always good for you

Greatness comes when you are really tested

When you take some knocks and some disappointments

When sadness comes your way,

Because only when you have been in the deepest valley

Can you ever know how magnificent it is

To be on the highest mountain!

:groupwave:

Please feel free to add any words, ancedotes, poems or positive affirmations that have helped you cope or given you a sense of direction...xxx

Very well said.

if this forum had a like button, this is when i would be clicking on it. this should be stickied and included in the registration proccess when members join. i.e (you must read this before you can post!)

Very well said.

if this forum had a like button, this is when i would be clicking on it. this should be stickied and included in the registration proccess when members join. i.e (you must read this before you can post!)

Thank you A-S, this is one of my favourite sayings, it has brought me through alot of tough times, and still does...:)

It's a lovely idea and very often true, but I have to say that there are some troughs that just deplete a person, and I say that more as an observer than someone who's experienced them.

I think that mantras can be helpful, though. :)

Edited by Mannify

It's a lovely idea and very often true, but I have to say that there are some troughs that just deplete a person, and I say that more as an observer than someone who's experienced them.

I think that mantras can be helpful, though. :)

It is that very vulnerbility within us that defines a human being, but this quote shows that when one has a definate purpose in mind and we plan to succeed we can become powerful beyond all measure and can override the most testing trials and tribulations...I also use positive affirmations, but again they only work if we place our total faith and belief in the words...;)

TO A BRAVE MAN GOOD AND BAD LUCK ARE

LIKE HIS LEFT AND RIGHT HAND

HE USE BOTH!

The longer I live, the more I realise the impact of attitude on life...Attitude is more important to me than fact...It is more important than the past, the education, the money, cirumstances, failures, successes and what other people say or do...It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill...Attitude will make you or break you!

The most remarkable thing is that we have a choice every day regarding our attitude we will embrace that day...We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way...We cannot change the inevitable...The only thing we can do is play the string we have and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it!....

...We are in charge of our own attitudes...

unknown

Edited by karmadestiny