A-S warrior

wouldn't be NT if you payed me.

I love having aspergers. the more i go through life, the more i realise how amazing it is to be an aspie. every aspie ive met is gifted in some way. they are all dedicated, and much more determined than any other pepole ive met.

most NT's miss the little minor details of life that we notice, and analise. those minor details can be the difference between a winner and a loser.

i find some pepole that are NT, to be quite ignorant, rude, selfish and money hungry.

basically, i wouldnt be NT even if i was given all the money in the world, dunno about you............

I'm sure this is a contentious issue and each answer would be as individual as the person answering but I think for you if this is how you feel then this is the right position for you. Happiness is hard to find and if you are happy, content and confortable with who and where you are then that's fantastic.

Without wishing to urinate on your fire, but I find being this is not good as I have said I seek a job or help with starting a business, but there is no help I can access for what I need to start that business and as mentioned elsewhere, according to the job centre, I am unemployable. So the alternative is a life as the despised on ever decreasing benefits or get out of the system completely and the latter has crossed my mind several times, as life as the despised on benefits is sheer hell.

You see as AS I have to deal with real life on my own, there are no carers, family or anything helpful, I am on my own for the first time in my life and although I can quite happily exist in my own little world as I have done before, that does not pay the bills or put food on the table. Now I don't know your situation, but you have to understand others with this thing might not have it so well to the point they can laud it's occurrence, for that is a luxury.

Life as a single person can be tough enough without throwing AS into the mix.

But if I chose I could succeed in business, but it is all or nothing with me, and if I chose to succeed I will, but it will be to others detriment for I can see the acquisition of money, more and more money as a driving force, I will succeed but I will hurt a lot of people along the way, but the trouble is I don't want to hurt people, perhaps it is why I struggle, I choose my own detriment over and above what I could quite easily do to others.

I seek what I can do to keep a clear NT conscience as I have to live with myself thereafter, I am not that important in the great scheme of things and so I struggle.

"According to the job centre, I am unemployable"

there in lies the problem.

what the hell do they know? ive been told all sorts of ###### form the jobcentre. dont listen to them. ive had better advice and input from a team of monkeys working on type writters. the NT (espeshilly the idiots at the job centre) are very good at generalising pepople with absolutley no knowledge of:

that person as a whole,

there condition and there circumstances,

or what it is there talking about.

and as you've said, you deal with life on your own. another huge plus. that means you can get to know yourself better, and become a proffesional at your own life. thats when my love for aspergers surfaced, when i stoped listening to stupid pepole that diddnt have the first clue what they we're talking about. the truth could be, the reason you feel the way you do about your aspergers is beacuse the NT world has made you feel that way, in that case rember, your not the one with the disability.

they are.

also, you may not want to hurt people, but not to the extent of you not achiveing your fullest potential. its all you bro.

Edited by A-S warrior

It would be so so good if I didn't continuously have to wade through all the cr4p before I can make a simple, honest and logical point in this world. Why oh why it's all doublespeak and massaging of egos and my real bone of contention at the moment, mutual appreciation societies is flummoxing me more than it ever did right now! To be AS without all the accompanying mental health problems and to not worry about being taken wrongly would be bliss.

It would be so so good if I didn't continuously have to wade through all the cr4p before I can make a simple, honest and logical point in this world. Why oh why it's all doublespeak and massaging of egos and my real bone of contention at the moment, mutual appreciation societies is flummoxing me more than it ever did right now! To be AS without all the accompanying mental health problems and to not worry about being taken wrongly would be bliss.

Yes, I agree, it is the accompanying mental health issues that are the problem, if they weren't there how much different life could be, but the question has to be asked why are the mental health issues there in the first place ?

That's a massive generalisation! I know as many aspies who would consider their AS to be a challenge as a gift, I know plenty who embrace it. I know as many NT's who pay attention as don't. I know both NT and AS people who are ignorant, rude and money-grabbing.

Surely it all comes down to individual personality. I don't think it's helpful to generalise about any sub-group of people.

Lynne

I love having aspergers. the more i go through life, the more i realise how amazing it is to be an aspie. every aspie ive met is gifted in some way. they are all dedicated, and much more determined than any other pepole ive met.

most NT's miss the little minor details of life that we notice, and analise. those minor details can be the difference between a winner and a loser.

i find some pepole that are NT, to be quite ignorant, rude, selfish and money hungry.

basically, i wouldnt be NT even if i was given all the money in the world, dunno about you............

That's a massive generalisation! I know as many aspies who would consider their AS to be a challenge as a gift, I know plenty who embrace it. I know as many NT's who pay attention as don't. I know both NT and AS people who are ignorant, rude and money-grabbing.

Surely it all comes down to individual personality. I don't think it's helpful to generalise about any sub-group of people.

Lynne

i should have mentioned, that this post was an 'I' statement.

I would ask the Job Centre (or Joke centre as one autistic I know calls them) to refer you to an organisation that helps disabled people such as Working Links, Remploy, PLUSS or other agencies specifically designed to help disable people into work.

I have also been told 'you have next to no chance of finding work in your situation' by the job centre. But I do what I can to make the complicated systems work for me. I asked the same person who wrote me off .... http://www.dontwritemeoff.org.uk/ .....to refer me to working links or Remploy. Only Remploy and Pluss work in my area (or neighbouring area). I got a response that was quite promising;

"Good afternoon Alexis ,please can you email your National Insurance number to me? I will refer you to our Disability Employment adviser who has links with Remploy and other companies, she is currently quite busy with appointments but should get in touch with you within 2 weeks.Please note that Working Links are no longer in operation Best wishes "

https://www.gov.uk/looking-for-work-if-youre-disabled (new website changed from direct.gov ).

I tried contacting Remploy directly but they referred me back to the job centre. I have asked that they make this criterion clearer on their website.

This is my situation as well. I would love for all the negative parts of my disabilities to just get lost!

I would ask the Job Centre (or Joke centre as one autistic I know calls them) ......

Your acquaintance is not the only one that calls them that and it has become so common place that I have actually called it that in the joke centre as everyone that I know that has to deal with the place always refers to it as the joke shop. The other thing is the jobs that do end up being advertised there are not the best jobs in that to be advertised there no one else wants them and from experience most of what is advertised there is poverty trap material which the unemployed are doing their level best to avoid not because they wish to stay on benefits, but because they do not want to enter the poverty trap.

In this day and age of sky rocketing food and fuel prices the minimum wage is not enough to live on, if one is living on one's own.