Athrylith

Big 'hello' from Aspie/ADHD diagnosed last week

Hey all, a big 'hello' from Aspie/ADHD diagnosed last week, this is all very new to me but looking forward to sharing support and getting to know any and all x

'S,' Edinburgh

Welcome

I volunteer with ASDers and some ADHDers.

Hi Athrylith,

Welcome to the forum...You're int he right place, hopefully you will find the forum very informative and helpful...:)

Trekster, karmadestiny, Mannify, thank you for your warm welcome. Good to be here.

I'm not really sure where to start so will perhaps answer the calls of those asking for help - whilst I've suspected for a number of years that I had some form of high functioning autism I guess this is still quite new.

I'll be trying to curb my interesting into the genetic origins of autism and attempting to concentrate on the socio-emotive, coping with the stress of living in a world primarily designed for those without autism (intreguingly often BY those with autism, as per the systematising/mathematical thought of programmers).

'Sperg resisted. Lol!

Hi Athrylith,

Welcome to the forum...You're int he right place, hopefully you will find the forum very informative and helpful... :)

Welcome

I volunteer with ASDers and some ADHDers.

I like your avatar, Athrylith :)

I like your avatar, Athrylith :)

Thanks Mannify, yours it's cute, like it:-) Mine, it's the symbol of a socio-political model my autisticly systematising mind came up with lol, orientated around 3DPrinting, biodegradable plastics such as Polylactic Acid, Direct Digital Democrcy, eco-sustainable energy sources, etc., 'Synergism.'

The blurb aside, it feel nice. Like a hyperactive recycling sign? ...!!!

Yes, it's fab, Athrylith, as is your screen name.

Thank you. What is a Mannify btw? :-)

Well, to be honest, I didn't put a vast amount of thought into my screen name, because I'm a mum of kids on the spectrum and signing up to this forum wasn't a highly cerebral act - I just thought I'd end up in relatively superficial conversation about Annual Reviews and low sensory profiles. As it happens, the forum has ended up being far more than that and I sometimes wish I'd taken a little more time over my name. 'Mannify' is just an elongation of my surname - Mann.

My avatar is my son's Bin Weevil. I don't recall doing anything to consciously select it, although I must have inadvertently done so - I've no idea how. I was going to change it, but I became kind of attached to it, so it's stayed.

Hi Athrylith,

I'm recently self diagnosed, it's opened up a whole new way of looking at things. I'm finding this forum is a good place to be.

Pleased to hear Raydon, this place can be really supportive.