Isobel

Anyone hate fireworks (or anything that bangs?)

I've never liked fireworks from a kid, I wonder if its the hearing sensitivity that causes me to hate them?

I love em, always have. The colours facinate me but then I was always facinated by an open fire too, I would sit and watch one for hours on end.

Oh I hate them too :( I always went to firework displays as a child as my parents always made the effort to take me to several each year and even some on holidays etc which happened to be going off, and I was always afraid of them, I dislike the noise and that was more the issue when I was younger, now I am just afraid in general of the danger aspect. I used to wear hats and/or earmuff as a child to block the sound out, which has always made me nervous and hurts my ears.

Having said all that, I adore them from a photography point of view, I think they're very pretty and I like to photograph them, but I am still very afraid/dislike the noise.

All I think of with fireworks is all that money up in smoke and people that say they are skint going out and buying the things and then we are told about air pollution which is conveniently forgotten when fireworks are the thing to see. Where for years I have believed fireworks should not be on sale to the public through the fact that they are shipped as explosives and after having seen a very good laser light and water spray display that lasted just under and hour, I personally think laser shows are the way to go.

But the bangs yes as a kid I remember they were unnerving but that was later killed off by experiencing thunder flash munitions simulators which are louder and brighter than any firework with a very impressive explosive force for a simulation.

Always hated the noise from fireworks since I was a kid. I also have a problem in theatres where a show uses pyrotechnics as part of a performance. Always hated pantomimes for this reason. Can alwxays guarantee that the wicked fairy / pantomine villian will the enter the stage under a small explosion featuring a loud bang and lots of smoke.

Always hated the noise from fireworks since I was a kid. I also have a problem in theatres where a show uses pyrotechnics as part of a performance. Always hated pantomimes for this reason. Can alwxays guarantee that the wicked fairy / pantomine villian will the enter the stage under a small explosion featuring a loud bang and lots of smoke.

Not really although it's never really been a calling of mine to go out and and grab a haul of fireworks, light them up and duck for cover just in time as they all go up at once! In fact I have never actually lit a live firework and neither do I want to. Yes I like to appreciate them from a distance perhaps on a hillside or other great view point but I've never wanted to actually work a firework display. I guess you either do or you don't! Maybe there is a gene for being into lighting 'em up! I did try my dab-hand at rocketry at school but again I wasn't exactly enthused by it unlike some of the people there! Some people seem almost to be born for it!

As the title mentions 'or anything that bangs' i would say the answer is probably less.

Some folk have found avoiding aspartame, having cleaner less waxy ears or clearing

ear infections have helped. Also you can get noise cancelling headphones but then they cancel all noise so playing music or watching the tv could be affected as well.

If your hyperaccussis (medical term for painful sensitive hearing) is severe you might wish to google

'the listening program' or 'the tomatis method' (unsure how to spell tomatis).

Some fireworks i can cope with others i find really painful.

Sam loves fireworks and Dan cannot stand it! It makes things awkward as I cannot take Sam(and my two NT boys) to a display because of Dan.

I absolutely love fireworks personally although I do find the noise they produce to be too loud if I am too close of them. I love the bright colours and the way they sparkle and light up the sky. They are so beautiful to look that and I also love taking photographs of them. I've taken some absolutely beautiful photos of the local fireworks displays the last few years. I even have a fireworks projector at home that I bought off eBay. It's nowhere near as good as the real thing but it's still lovely to look at and great for when there aren't any real fireworks displays going on.

i can't stand the loud bangs of fireworks so damn noisy make me a nervous jiverring wreck so a day i dread out the whole year causes so much anxiety within me start physically shaking feeling sick due to unpredictability of the sudden noises

it brings it shocks me to the core! i try not to let on too much due to neice enjoying them don't want to spoil the night for her but i find hard to manage my sensory issues find difficult to control as control in someone else's hands! i look forward to going to bed and putting my head under the covers and hides ... :/ quivers

XKLX

My son doesn't like fireworks much either - although we were in UK last weekend, and my cousin had a firework party, and he did come outside for 5 minutes, but only while some of the smaller ones were let off.

Last year we went to an airshow, and despite wearing eardefenders, he totally hated it when a jet came, so we had to leave. So like Justine, we sometimes have to avoid things my other son (NT) likes, as it would be too stressful for Will.

when we used go down to my auntie & uncle's in herfordshire for new year's eve used to watch fireworks from inside through window as couldn't bear the noise/sound was so painful to my poor little ears couldn't take it in! ouch! scream!

XKLX

I don't mind fireworks but I live near an army training area so they always have been loud bangs all my life so I don't notice them much. What I can't stand is singing christmas stuff, it drives me mad and I just want to end up breaking it to make it stop :/