Sign in to follow this  
matzoball

Really freaked out

Freaked out. Was running a bath about an hour ago and someone tried to walk into my house then chapped the door and it was this old guy (who was combing his hair back when i looked through the peephole) - I answered it and he was talking about lying up the stairs or something and then just stood there. I asked him what I could help him with and he mumbled something so I told him I didn't know him and shut the door. Now I am worried about leaving the house as I need to go to the doctors, but I am also worried in case he was in some sort of genuine distress and I just turned him away!

Hi matzoball

I'm not surprised you were freaked out!

From my experience it sounds like he may have dementia and probably thought he was somewhere else. You couldn't know that. I've had elderly parents with it so know the signs.

I don't really know what to suggest if it happens again (which it probably won't) other than calling the police just in case he's been reported missing (or if he's done this to other people).