Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo Kurosaki

Anyone on here that likes the Final Fantasy video game series?

Does anyone else on here like the Final Fantasy video game series?

I've watched my husband play a couple, he played most of the earlier games. We went to the Distant Worlds 25th Anniversary concert at the Royal Albert Hall on Friday night. It was amazing!!

Hi Lynden

Thank you for your reply, :).

I know, I went to the Distant Worlds 25th Anniversary concert at the Albert Hall as well. I had to go with my mum of course as it would have been far too stressful on my own, not that it wasn't anyway, but I was looking forward to it all year, and I never expected it to be a celebration event, :D. That was a good surprise, :). We had to take a taxi all the way to the Royal Albert Hall from where we live and then took us back home again when it finished. It was a lot of money but we couldn't do it any other way, it's extremely difficult for us to travel, :unsure:. Anyway, I enjoyed the whole experience, apart from the crowds and such, :unsure:. I liked all the songs, but especially the songs I could remember the most and grew up with as I have a connection to them. I just wish I could learn to play the keyboard so that I could practice a few of them, -_-. Ah well, I'm glad I went, though I missed the event last year, :(, still, it was brilliant, and I even got a t-shirt, :lol:, although, with the busy crowds and such, I missed out on getting the program booklet as I felt I didn't have enough of a chance to speak out to mum about it, the merchandise stand was such a small area for all of us buying them, and it was getting difficult to cope at that point, :unsure:.

Mum has anxieties as well, but when it comes to me, as long as mum is there beside me, it gives me a little strength, or should I say, I require a lot of reassurance and encouragement from my mum, :unsure:. Anyway, I loved the visuals and hearing the music live was really special. As soon as the concert began and music started playing, my eyes became watery, :lol:, still, it was a good memory and I'll always remember it with fond thoughts, :).

Where were you sitting? We were in the stalls tier around the middle.

Best wishes

Ichigo

Edited by Ichigo Kurosaki

I got one of them for PS2 years ago, number XII, I think it was but I just didn't understand it.

But

the movie I love it

But I am a

fan, It's good for my hand to eye co ordination, lights off sound up loud and blast away.

And yeah, I am still using PS2, and the old fat console at that.

Mind, I have several games on the go at the moment ;

Haven - Call of the King, ( stuck on level 2 Dark Water in the sodding ventilation shaft)

Jedi Star Fighter, ( Stuck on final mission )

Special weapons over Normandy - ( trying to unlock the X- wing and TIE fighter that I know is in it somewhere.)

Medal of Honour - Frontline, ( Going smoothly at the moment )

Edited by Sa Skimrande

Oh I'm glad you got the chance to go. For proper fans it must have been amazing. The guys in front of us were very excited at some of it. It made my husband feel nostaligic as he played them when he was young. We were in the arena in row 12 so had excellent seats. I love to hear how positively you talk about your Mum supporting you - I hope my son feels like that some day! He's only 9 at the moment and wouldn't cope with the crowds either due to anxiety but hopefully as he gets older he'll be able to cope slightly better.

Take care

Lynne

Hi Sa Skimrande

Well, Final Fantasy XII (or 12th), was the last Final Fantasy game on the PS2, the XIII (or 13th) is on the PS3. As for understanding it, it is basically a story based game that you can get lost in. It's just it doesn't necessarily explain the story straight away, you just have to adapt to the virtual world and in time you begin to understand the story. In other words, you play the game, pick up on the story as it flows and become familiar with the characters, storyline, music, graphics, etc. and before you know it, you've been playing the game for hours on end, :unsure:. Anyway, it's a type of game I play to lose myself in, drown out the world around me, and fixate on the screen in front of me. It's a great way to drown out horrible experiences around you, as I did from horrible school memories, :(.

I liked Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within as well, :). It's more of a sci-fi film than a fantasy though, but that's not a bad thing, :). There is another film of Final Fantasy called Final Fantasy VII (7th): Advent Children, but to understand that you'd have to complete Final Fantasy VII because it takes off from where Final Fantasy VII left off. There's fantastic visuals in both films, and I like them both, although technically I haven't finished Final Fantasy VII either, but I know of the characters, and some of the story, :unsure:.

Yeah, I see what you mean about Rez, though to be honest, I don't think I've ever played it, or the other games you've mentioned, sorry, :(. I've seen games that look similar though that I've played online though, but they are more like the classic arcade plane shooting games. As for Medal of Honour, I'm not keen on first person shooter games as I prefer games with storyline where I can just escape from reality into a world of my own, the virtual fantasy world, :). I have tried playing first person shooters once, but I got bored with them quickly. The only games I really play that is in first person, are games that are fantasy based, like Skyrim. It's a big expansive world, with a lot of story, graphics, you can freely explore the map and caves, and choose whose side you wish to be on with a bit of politics making you decide whose side is more just. As for Special weapons over Normandy and Jedi Fighter, well, I've tried flying games in the past but I find it difficult to work the controls, and it's hard to not crash, :unsure:. Oh and by the way, I am also stuck on games as well, especially Final Fantasy IX (9th), as I hate time limits and it caused me to get stuck and I was lost in a maze like scene in a castle, :unsure:. I'm not sure what Haven - Call of the King is like, it looks fantasy based, I might look into that further and see what it's like, thanks for telling me, :).

I tend to prefer the Japanese style games like Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Ace Attorney, Okami, animé (Japanese animation) games, that sort of thing. I do like RPG (Role-Playing Games), point and click, strategy and games like that in general though.

Best wishes

Ichigo

Hi Lynne

We wasn't sure whether sitting in the middle, in the arena, might have caused us to simply see other people's heads rather than the orchestra itself, :unsure:. We were at the front row and at the end of the row as well so I didn't need to sit next to a stranger, :unsure:. You just needed good eyes to see from that far away, :unsure:. The visuals on the screen were perfect though and really suited the music well, :).

Yeah, my mum has always been there to support me one way or another however she can. Although, because she has anxieties herself, it can be just as hard for her sometimes, but we try our best preparing ourselves in any way we can in advance. I printed off floor plans for the Royal Albert Hall, and also of the roads around the area. I even found an interactive view of the concert hall itself and tried to find where we would be sitting. We prepare ourselves to give us as little stress as possible. What scares us the most is the volume of people, unfamiliar environments, getting there and coming back, things like that. She found it just as hard to cope as I did sometimes, but we try our best to hold each other up, as we only have each other at the end of the day. I have a couple of friends, but unfortunately one of them couldn't come to the Royal Albert Hall as she was working on the same day as a hairdresser, and she had clients booked for that evening, :unsure:. My other friend is new, so I wasn't sure how it would have looked if I asked her if she would like to go, plus I only had three tickets and I was worried how my new friend would take that, she probably would have wanted someone else with her, so in the end we ended up going alone, with an empty seat, :unsure:. It's a shame, I really wanted to be able to share that experience with someone else, other than my mum of course, :unsure:.

My mum really liked the singing of Answers for Final Fantasy XIV (14th) by Susan Calloway, and I also thought she sang well as well. Although, I knew Eyes on Me better because I grew up playing Final Fantasy VIII (8th), and I knew that the woman that sang that song, Crystal Kay, also originally sang the third ending theme for Fullmetal Alchemist, an animé (Japanese animation), so for me, it was like connecting the game and animé world with that song, :). Especially since Fullmetal Alchemist was the first animé that I watched when I questioned what it was, and so researched into it further online. Anyway, I didn't expect them to play at least one song from each game, that was great because I haven't been able to complete all the games, :unsure:. Still, I'll be trying my best to get tickets for the next one when or if it comes back again, and confirm with my friends ahead of schedule.

Best wishes

Ichigo

Edited by Ichigo Kurosaki