Special_talent123

Lack of emotions to news

I got woken up at 10:30am, my sister rang me on my mums phone and told me news I was like oh right, mmm a silent call when my sister said I am going to be an aunty... could not express my emotions on the phone. My sister is having a baby, but bad news with the neighbour next door to mum who me and mum do not like - he is also twice the age of my sister and my sister had lots of relationship problems with him

Oh dear. Problems. I am afraid for your sister.

Sometimes news takes time to 'sink in' and then you get emotion.

I truly recommend you read "The Language of Emotions" by Karla McLaren (ISBN: 978-1-59179-769-2) - it's a thoroughly informative encyclopaedia of all the different emotions and how they work against you if not read correctly and of course apathy is in there too! It's a big book with just over 400 pages but then that's indicative of how much there is to human emotions. It's a thoroughly good read and of course when you've finished it you'll be a master of your emotions and you'll know what to do about them if they get stuck!

I got this 2010 edition from the library but it's so good I think I'll be buying it myself!

I truly recommend you read "The Language of Emotions" by Karla McLaren (ISBN: 978-1-59179-769-2) - it's a thoroughly informative encyclopaedia of all the different emotions and how they work against you if not read correctly and of course apathy is in there too! It's a big book with just over 400 pages but then that's indicative of how much there is to human emotions. It's a thoroughly good read and of course when you've finished it you'll be a master of your emotions and you'll know what to do about them if they get stuck!

I got this 2010 edition from the library but it's so good I think I'll be buying it myself!

thanks for the recommendation but books like that are not in my understanding language so it confuse me even more. I am searching in the book to see how hard the book is to read otherwise if its too complex i wont buy it

Edited by Special_talent123

Don't let your fear get in the way of you finding your way ST123!

Of course you don't have to read the whole book (there's even a CD version by the way!!). There are some introductory chapters which will help you charter and process your emotions and then you can pick and choose which emotions you want to read about, etc. In my case I did go to the chapters I was most interested in at first. Then I was pulled into reading about other emotions because apparently all the emotions intermingle together and create like a web of emotional chatter.

Edited by Mike_GX101

Obviously you don't have to educate yourself on your emotions; you don't have to help yourself at all!

But I've always taken the other approach - yes I might be on the spectrum but I'd rather help myself and live as independently as possible. And I see this as being quite a positive mindframe to be in because otherwise you end up stagnating and ending up ill-equipped to dealing with whatever life throws at you and always needing rescuing even at times when it isn't possible to be rescued by others.

Thanks though Mike, appreciate it. At the moment having a hard time dealing with my emotions because psychiatrist says i havent learned how to deal with mine; but earlier just had to deal with apple care rip me off ending the phone call with a meltdown.