smileyK

how everyone xmas shopping going?

i feel i'm actually making real progress this year with present buying especially with my 7 year old neice and new addition to family due soon ( neice/nephew) going to be proper spoilt! my sister due on 6th december and my neice birthday on the 28th january! got some secret santa presents for work and best friends so all is good so far! feel greatly organised for me ...

where are you with preparation are you ready? even thinking of wrapping am i sad? i break up for xmas from work on 19th december and come back to work on 7th january! so nice lengthly break relaxing chill! lovely jubbley! lol and my birthday soon ( 3 days after xmas day!) feel seriously old creeping up slowly on me!

keep hearing xmas songs in shops now and seeing xmas everywhere advent calendars , etc lol

got our xmas work meal this friday night at 8pm about 15 of us so quite few! should be good!

XKLX

My mum's provided me with an Advent calendar (bought at St James's Piccadilly) and a suggestion of a present for my dad (DVD of the 1983 TV series A Voyage Round My Father). At this stage I don't know if I will have any work colleagues to send cards to :(

Not too badly this year. I've done the majority of mine already! Just a few little bits to pick up. I've wrapped presents for dad, step-mum, brother and sister as I'm going over there in a couple of weeks so needed to have it done before I go there.

i feel like i'm like broken record every year as feel like say exactly same thing but where the year gone??? seems to have whizzed by once again! shocking how fast as year does go! amazing!

XKLX

i feel like i'm like broken record every year as feel like say exactly same thing but where the year gone???

Are you writing your round robin letter already?

Xmas presents, I don't know why I bother as everyone knows I don't believe in Xmas through historical understanding and the fact that it is now a ''buyfest'', where people struggling will be compelled to spend what they haven't got to please others, especially children, and the fact that when one is single, one does their absolute best to avoid negative thought generating situations and Xmas is the one I truly dread.

But Xmas this year I will give to my family and so all year I have been collecting as funds allow petrol fuelled hand warmers from the period where '' Empire Made'' meant something and the usual get anywhere charcoal powered hand warmers as I get the feeling this winter will be cold. In addition to the hand warmers I don't find, females will be getting replica iron age bronze penannular clothing fasteners I tend to make every year, they work in holding scarves shut up against the neck far better than bulky and useless knots. The penannulars are easy I have the metal and tools and know how to make them, they taking about an hour half each, but anything involving cost is something I really have to consider hard, as benefits are not enough to live on never mind buy gifts and just to think, won't the vociferous Joe Public be extremely miffed if benefit scroungers used their hard earned taxes to buy gifts for others given they begrudge us living most of the time.

But tonight the singles amongst us are asking which pub will be open through xmas as it is destroying to singles at xmas as no matter how much one tries to ignore it, we feel the excitement brewing up around us, as it's not hard to detect it and as a single Xmas is a bad time to exist. Sure I have family I could go to, but I feel out of place with my family having been away so long, they feel like strangers to me, so I prefer to ignore Xmas and treat it just like another day, if I can which is not wholly successful most years.

One of the singles amongst us mentioned volunteering for soup kitchens where they exist, I am also interested in that, so the other has been charged with where the singles amongst us can volunteer to help others in that dreadful time.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

My mum's already started on the Christmas cooking: two puddings (one for another year), cranberry relish, mincemeat...

i know abit of side line of change of theme slightly but i can't wait for christmas films to start showing on TV like the polar express , mrs santa claus ,miracle on 34 street shouldn't be too long until they are on! and going for first time watch pantomine with family ( mum,dad, 7 year old neice) so that should be exciting experience quite looking forward to that it's peter pan always wanted to go and watch a show!

XKLX

Upper Crust is selling stollen!