Sign in to follow this  
WeirdCat

Trafford Parents

Are there any parents on here from the Trafford area of Manchester? If so you may not have heard of F.A.S.T- Families with Autism Support -Trafford. Actually unless you were at the meeting tonight you wouldn't have heard of it as we replaced the previous long winded title of the support group with this new one. The support group initially started as a parental support group of children with ASD's in mainstream school but now encompasses parents with children at special schools, those who are HE'd, etc. We are suffering a lack of interest from parents probably due to lack of advertising so thought I might as well post here, the meetings are attended by both parents and professionals and we have had speakers in the past from various groups like Contact a Family and someone with benefits advice. Please contact me if you wish for any further details re meeting dates etc

WeirdCat

WeirdCat,is there any specific age limit that the parents' /children have to be?

It is the sort of thing my mum would join I think.

I live in Stretford.

Edited by TuX

B) I used to work in Sale.... live East Cheshire now.......hope you don,t mind but we,ve started a group up in our area if any one is interested.I,d been travelling to Chester which was a 2hr journey there and back so this new one is v. handy for me .Good luck with your group in Trafford... :thumbs: .

There's no age limit on parents, grandparents or the children they care for

:D

Does FAST have a website WeirdCat,or any other information anywhere,and contacts for FAST?

No nothing like that as yet, I can give you contact details which is basically my email address or one of the EP's email addresses. It is only now that the group is trying to get itself known.