smileyK

going out tonight for work xmas meal

going out for an xmas meal tonight just down the road from where i live at local pub going for three course meal i think! the meal at half 7 and there is 13 of us going tonight work girls and partners some just going on their own single so hope it's not too daunting that party of people!

I am looking forward it and all paying for our meals on a whole table tab so feeling anxious/nervous about that situation as i struggle find that difficult! so dread that! even from working out what outfit i'm going to wear a dress with tights or black sparkly jumper with black leggings and black sparkly shoes!??? hate decisions why so damn hard to make about something so naturally easy and how much money to take so i'm not worrying /anxious about if i have enough!

XKLX

felt so out of place tonight felt awakard socially tonight all went bad for me i feel! Will i ever get social circle stuff right ever? Or am i asking too much? puttin too much pressure & strain on myself maybe thats my problem?

just felt out of my norm depth totally freaked out scared totally messed up completely ruined it! Ma work mates found out i take herbal slimmin tabs so embarrassin! Feel so low im p.m.t mode and forgot to take meds which aint helping matters c feel so shamedant stop crying!

* ashamed cant stop the tears feel awful! Just dreadful like let myself down! Why do i put myself through this mental paranoia obsessive thoughts after before drives me mad! Too much for my wish to wake up norm i suppose!

Christmas meal? on the 16th of November?

Should have called it a Martinmas or Diwali celebration. Unless you're at a certain hotel in Torquay...

Yes I know EXACTLY how you feel/felt SmileyK. At my last works xmas do, we met in a pub before going to the restaurant. It was all very cliquey with people in their own small groups. Nobody spoke to me. I felt so alone and knew I stuck out like a sore thumb. I did not know how to initiate an intelligent conversation. I nearly walked out to go home. Fortunately in the restaurant, somebody next to me got very drunk and talked all sorts to me (mainly rubbish) so I had at least a conversation partner

I've got one in about two weeks time, I've paid my £5 deposit so all I need to do is to give my colleague whose organising it £10 before we go, which I like, then I've offered to give some a lift so at least I'll get accompanied to the meal with familiar people as I don't really know the venue, although I know exactly where I'm parking.

dont normally when go out norm manage alright ish okish but think it was amount of people totally freaked spooked me right out scared me made me more anxious paranoid insecure and on my guard which in effect made spiral out of control wrong badly!

Never knew I would miss work Christmas meals as much as I do now.