Sign in to follow this  
Alex_a_scholar

My most dominant traits of Asperger after much internal analysis

Hello forum,

My name is Alex_a_scholar and after much self-analysis of internal conflict, behaviour, mood etc, I have derived some conclusions regarding my traits as an individual with the pervasive developmental disorder Asperger's Syndrome:

• It takes a long time for me to learn the social messages of certain people, I will not feel comfortable around people until I have 'learned them'.
  • I experience total exhaustion after social interaction with others; I will analyse the social experience until the exhaustion abates. If this is with people unknown to me, or if I was in a pub, or party setting, exhaustion takes longer to abate.
  • I have an insatiable desire to fully comprehend systems from the foundations through every other angle. Mathematical, physical, computing, economic, political systems are my current concern. For me, the ultimate intellectual and scholarly goal is to integrate these systems into an ultimate abstract understanding of what is.

I simply felt a desire to share some thoughts with folks of a similar hue, and I think this will make a nice first post that will attract some conversation.

Good stuff. I think that post will get an amen across the board. very well described, and a good round up of life as an asperger person. nothing but agreement from me.