Sign in to follow this  
sawjd

EWO education welfare, wants me to sign medical consent form ?

Hello everyone, i have a meeting on Thursday where the EWO wants me to sign a medical consent form even though they know of ks medical condition.

Its been a rough two months so far, won't go into too much detail but basically got sent a letter threatening me with prosecution if k does not go back to school. (i know they have to fine me first but if i pay a fine then it looks like i agree i have done something but i have not done anything wrong). K is refusing school as he does not feel safe with the other kids and them knowing about his problem with his bowels. He is frightened they are going to find out as he has been off school since september.

K spent a few days at GOSH, his bowels have gone back to being bad its only been three weeks. (think i posted this before) and the EWO sent the first fast track letter then while he was in hospital asking why he was not at school (EWO knew exactly what date as i sent them evidence in advance).

Now the EWO want me to meet with them and sign a medical consent form WHY ? is beyond me.

Should i sign this, how does it prove his refusal to attend. I have doctors appointment tomorrow about k. The EWO think its me keeping him off but we have recordings to prove otherwise. We already have a tribunal, ( we have requested a change of school ) . What is this all about ?. I have asked SENDIST to send a letter asking for 'expedited hearing'.

What should i do now ?

Any advice please,

best wishes to you all

with regards

sarni

Our EWO wanted me to sign a form agreeing to her getting sight of medical records. I signed it, as I felt it backed up my case.

We were also on the fast track route to being prosecuted for non-attendance, so I wonder if it is part of the system IYSWIM.

Our EWO was very keen to be seen to be doing something, unfortuately her version of "helping" did not help us at all !

Have you told GOSH or your GP or any consultant about the EWO involvement?

They need to put in writing, as I have said many times before, that your son is not attending school due to medical reasons.

If you don't know what the consent form is that the EWO is asking you to sign, then ask them what it means. If it simply means they have access to medical records, then I don't see how that can go against you. But why haven't you asked a consultant to write a letter for you to give to the EWO?

The EWO cannot prosecute you if your son is ill. That is why they need the letter. It is not enough for them to 'know' about medical conditions. You must get a consultant to write a letter. So get the letter sorted.