Sign in to follow this  
smileyK

fix to autism

Well, while i appriciate others opinions, i have a very strong faith in god, i never underestimate the power of prayer. When i'm really down i talk to god, and ask for help. I take comfort in knowing that god can do absolutley anything, and he will always love me even if i act like a ###### lol.

Don't rule out the idea of talking to your local church.

God is one thing, the church is another, God is faith, the church is mind control. I have no time for the church and it's interpretations.

Been there on that one when I sought answers, the priest didn't even believe in his own god.

God is one thing, the church is another, God is faith, the church is mind control. I have no time for the church and it's interpretations.

Been there on that one when I sought answers, the priest didn't even believe in his own god.

LOL blimey! sounded like a dodgey church to me! What i do is have 1 to 1 meeting's with the reverend (also helps that he's my best friend) once every so often when things get too much. really helps me. mind control is not something a TRUE christian will ever do. It's actully not very christian at all, to do that. I will never attempt to convert someone.

Edited by A-S warrior

However, the alpha course is mind control, a friend, an ex lay preacher was an alpha teacher, ex and was because she disagreed with the church at who it was targeting, namely the insecure and impressionable to include mental health and yes autistic people. But religion is such that one is expected to believe what the church believes and if one does not, one is out of the club and it is with people, especially the insecure they need to belong, hence why the church targets such people, they are easy conversions.

Long before I knew my friend whom I have known for seven years now, I approached the church with a question, a question which arose from a near death experience I had, where the paramedics actually said they had lost me for just under a minute, but I experienced something and I needed answers and I was wholly dismayed with what a christian priest told me, where he actually said given I had head injuries it is likely what I experienced was more to do with mental health issues rather than divine anything as such things science has the answer for these days. Like whoa, this was a priest saying this thus indicating he didn't actually believe in what he was preaching to his flock.

I did also ask the same question of other beliefs as well where two non christian beliefs actually more or less agreed with what I experienced and so I am inclined to believe they had a clue where the Church of England priest did not. I chose C of E because I was brought up Roman Catholic and I had had a bellyful of their clap trap, so no way was I going near them.

But let's look at the world, who is it that is causing all the threat and conflict and to what religions do they ascribe, for they are what I call the God 3 ; Islam, Christianity and Judaism all religions that come from the same source, the former two offshoots of the latter and all they do is war amongst each other and drag others into their problems.

And so it is with me I seek peace and cannot find it in the God 3 and so I look elsewhere , for whatever wholesome there was in the God 3 it has been perverted and twisted by the minds of mean men and so I cannot ascribe as I have had enough of all this death and destruction in the name of God.

As to what would fix the pain felt by those with autism, why perhaps we could do that ourselves by refusing to submit to the disorder, as in the past humans were just humans and now we the understanding that we have a disorder with all the negativities attached and so give licence to those without to tell us what to do and how to live our lives as hasn't anyone heard, the new religion is psychology.

In answer to Smiley's question, I would say 'No' as Santa is a fictional character who was actually not invented in his present sense until Coca Cola used him in their advertising campaigns to front their product. They chose red as the colour of his suit as their packaging was red. The only 'magic' generated by Santa is by parents creating it for their children.

If you are talking a 'higher power' that can hear your inner thoughts, then that is in a different ball park altogether.

Some people believe this is God and some believe that there is a higher power which binds everyone and everything together. Some people believe there is nothing at all out there.

I grew up as a born again Christian and I don't think anyone would have been more committed than me to my faith. However, after being constantly bullied, ostracised and betrayed by my Christian peers throughout my teens and having it announced when I was 16 that my problem was that I was 'possessed' by the Spirit of Hysteria, watched my pastor build a nice fancy house from the proceeds of the congregation's tithes (10% of all income to the church), watched as my parent's marriage almost disintegrated with the stress of being told continuously to 'confess' to their sins (mostly my dad refusing to acknowledge that he should not question the other leaders - he had been one but was relieved of his position), watching other people getting away with doing things other people were reprimanded for and being prayed for for being angry about all these things when I should have accepted it I gave up my faith at 22. My parents almost disowned me and I knew at the time I was destined for Hell for my decision for years. I have never fully lost faith in God but I lost all faith in other people, especially Christians. I still have problems going into a church although I don't shake and sweat like I used to from sheer anxiety.

Edited by Lyndalou

lyndalou, rember, the problem is with them, and not with you and god. Never lose your faith beacause of others, i don't talk about my faith for that reason, beacuse everyone very quickly becomes up in arms, and thinks i'm going to try and convert them or something. I wonder why people have such a problem with the thought of trying to be the best person you can be, live a humble and furfilling life, and love everyone, even people who have wronged you. It's peoples free choice to do what they want, yes, so let me do what i want and have my faith, who am i hurting by doing the above? Oh well, it will never change me, in my mind i have proof that god is there after what ive gone though this year.

However, the alpha course is mind control,

Agreed.

have you heard that there's no such thing as evolution? and even though we have proof that dinosaurs existed, dinosaurs actully never romed the earth for thousands of years. I have a faith yes, but the above is what we call blind faith. for religion without science is rubbish, but if you have the two working together, you have the awnser for most of lives questions. (if you think outside of the box, and see the bigger picture)

lyndalou, rember, the problem is with them, and not with you and god. Never lose your faith beacause of others, i don't talk about my faith for that reason, beacuse everyone very quickly becomes up in arms, and thinks i'm going to try and convert them or something. I wonder why people have such a problem with the thought of trying to be the best person you can be, live a humble and furfilling life, and love everyone, even people who have wronged you. It's peoples free choice to do what they want, yes, so let me do what i want and have my faith, who am i hurting by doing the above? Oh well, it will never change me, in my mind i have proof that god is there after what ive gone though this year.

Warrior, I respect you have your faith and you are right, everyone is entitled to what they believe and the things that give them solace. Unfortunately, my own faith which I was very committed to came part and parcel with all the people who have likely caused me the most sustained period of distress in my life and most like led to PTSD or at least a similar manifestation of trauma. Although leaving the church was equally as painful as being in it, it was the right thing for me to do. Much like I truly believed in Santa for a short (and lovely) time in childhood, I also for a short time also truly believed in people. I have never been able to do that since but I do still believe God is there but I no longer have the 'right' to reap the rewards of for instance, prayer if I do not believe in the construct of church. In the Bible, the people within the church ARE the church. I went to a church run 'fun' day my parent's church was running quite recently. I cannot explain how being around those people made me feel and it was probably quite irrational but I won't be doing it again in a hurry. However, this is MY problem and mine alone. I can feel quite guilty that I am not providing my son with the 'moral compass' that I myself was brought up with but all I can do is try to instill in him the 'moral code' I have constructed from every experience in my life to date.

My belief is, there is an ultimate creator, there has to be whatever it is, it might be an od chap in the sky with a white beard it might be something beyond our current scientific comprehension where I am inclined to think the latter, but we are responsible to something, something created us for a reason and as to the meaning of life- why ? Well my understanding of that is that we are here to experience, for what purpose who knows, but it is hoped perhaps an idea might be gained through evolution in that we are evolving and have evolved mostly from destroying anything that is different to something called co existence.

Although perhaps in man's desire to understand man we might have taken a back step with some psychology where well we are experiencing what we are with various diagnosi where we are being talked down to as if we were defective- that is coming close to the age old idea of destroying what is different and such things as the recent US killings is not helping our cause with insinuation the perpetrator was autistic. We have to be vigilant and counter such notions as they occur or we will be further restricted through suspicion if the wrong people with power get to exercise their evil.

Jesus existed I know that as to whether he was the son of god I doubt, and I am inclined to agree with the Muslim interpretation; Issa, he was a prophet or in other words one of those rare individuals that had a gift as many do today, but he did not die on a cross as the Romans did not execute on crosses and there is too much evidence suggesting he travelled to the east where he was known as Yousef Raza where he is recorded as a healer and died of old age after having a wife and family. That to me kicks the corner stone out from under the Roman Catholic religion for a start and yes the theory is conspiracy theory, but one has to ask who stands to lose if the truth is discovered ? Where I have my belief and if my belief is conspiracy then so be it, but it is a matter of feeling not thought.

But I believe it is in one of apocrypha, the books the church has decided to leave out of the bible that what Jesus was teaching was basically Buddhism as his recorded teachings bear a striking resemblance to Buddhism and who were the Magi that brought gifts, much evidence suggests they also came from the east, because they are recorded in the east as have gone to the west.

And so my interest has shifted towards Indian belief recently, for I am starting to understand they have a clue and are free with their information where the God 3 talks in riddles. Also in the Indian beliefs there is a lot of science intermingled with the spirituality and that appeals to me.

Basically I do not blind believe, I investigate and make my own decisions what through evidence and logic and I use thought to allow feeling as my spirituality is not logic, it is feeling.

And from the past I know my feeling or rather intuition is true so I am inclined to trust my feelings.

And as to ASD people maybe it is we are gifted along with all others that are not the norm, maybe we are here to help not the hinder we seem to be being portrayed as and as regards myself I am not even male through different genetics although I look like one and more and more variations are coming to light and guess what, the christian church does not recognise us, where Indian belief does and always has and that belief is the oldest in the world predating Christianity by about 4000 years.

As regards autism I do believe we should be looking at our strengths not our weaknesses as it is through our strengths we will help mankind become something better for I believe all the variations are here to help mankind not hinder it.