david3

The Female Eunuch

I think that some women would be better off if they decided to be more assertive instead of playing along with the idea that we men are in charge and trying to pull our strings in an underhand way.

I am a graduate. I have difficulty saying what I am saying in a way you'll understand. I'd like to. Some women go on about women being treated as second class citizens and I try to treat them as my equals and they still act like second class citizens and use trickery to get the respect I'm already giving them. Some men take advantage of women acting like they are inferior to men.

Edited by david3

Goes for us too, if women don't treat us with respect they get the basic respect every human gets only. They want more respect they act like they want more respect. It's really difficult when you really fancy someone who don't treat you with respect. You want to give them more, but they don't deserve it.

I think the operative word here is SOME. Some women act this way and you have obviously attracted this type or pursued this type of women. You need to perhaps think about what it is about you that means that this is the type of women you end up with.

And adding to what I've said above, if this is the attitude you have towards women I can understand why you are treated in this way. I find it quite offensive.

Lyndalou

I'm sorry if my words offended you. Did you read what Special Talent said? She said that if no one treats women with respect they get no respect back. Is her remark as offensive as my remark to you?

I don't end up with these women. I end up with women who can stand up for rights. Who treat me with the same respect I give to them. I am OK and they are OK, and neither of us even tries to put the other down.

I hear what you say. I decide if my attitude towards women is good or bad. I decide that it always could be better.

Edited by david3

I am a graduate. I have difficulty saying what I am saying in a way you'll understand. I'd like to. Some women go on about women being treated as second class citizens and I try to treat them as my equals and they still act like second class citizens and use trickery to get the respect I'm already giving them. Some men take advantage of women acting like they are inferior to men.

Perhaps centuries of conditioning is dying hard with some, and some still believe they are still in the pre emancipation period, but I treat male and female as equal and still get snotty remarks from some women for holding a door open or allowing a woman to go through a door first, obviously they, an extreme minority not understand something called good manners, as I can be somewhat old fashioned in that respect.

But we do not live in an equal society, despite what we are lead to believe, inequality exists in twenty first century Britain and not in the way you might expect.

But myself generally not interested in what nature propels I don't pursue anyone.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

Lyndalou

I'm sorry if my words offended you. Did you read what Special Talent said? She said that if no one treats women with respect they get no respect back. Is her remark as offensive as my remark to you?

I don't end up with these women. I end up with women who can stand up for rights. Who treat me with the same respect I give to them. I am OK and they are OK, and neither of us even tries to put the other down.

I hear what you say. I decide if my attitude towards women is good or bad. I decide that it always could be better.

Apologies David3 if I misunderstood the thrust of your posts as being your experience with women on a personal level rather than general observations about society as a whole. Men and women act and react in particular ways within relationships depending on how they are treated within the present relationship, past relationship experiences and a whole host of other factors including upbringing, I took exception to being lumped in with manipulative and conniving women as I've never considered myself to be one of those.

Edited by Lyndalou

I've been thinking that there being more of one gender in a job is alright as long as those who choose this job are selected on the basis of merit rather than gender.

Women will always rule men. Men think there in charge, and women let us belive it, trust me, when we're playing mr big boss man, there laughing at us. Unforunatley, sexual equality will never work. Men and women are just not the same, However i digress, no one is better than the other. each play a vital role. And in that sence there is equality, but in terms of behaviors, and capibilty's, no.

It's really difficult when you really fancy someone who don't treat you with respect. You want to give them more, but they don't deserve it.

This thread is surprisingly similar to the 'friendship' thread - I know it is a hard thing to accept but not everyone you fancy will fancy you back. That is hard on anyone. OK you could perhaps offer her some flowers, maybe a box of chocolates and ask her out on a date but don't be offended if she says no - there are plenty of other women out there. No one has to like you back - everyone has rights and everyone can choose who they like, etc.

I know how much it hurts when you smile at them in the street or say 'hi' and such pleasantries aren't returned - I've been there and it hurts more than you wouldn't believe. And what is more some women actually enjoy putting men down - just don't let them get to you too. Some women can't get enough of themselves and to be honest you don't need those kinds of women in your life. Keep looking and soon you'll find a woman who actually does care and doesn't just care because you've bought her an expensive ring or gold necklace!

I've been thinking that there being more of one gender in a job is alright as long as those who choose this job are selected on the basis of merit rather than gender.

There is more than two genders, non western history knows and science is starting to discover, the binaries are not the truth of it all at all.

But I have worked in a company where a female boss who tried to be male and it didn't work, she had what I call the Thatcher syndrome, and we were losing skilled workers like there was no tomorrow, something had to be done and it was, she got was forced out by non compliance. The owner's homosexual and effeminate son and daughter took over the running of that business and that place shined, it was just a pity i had to leave what was working due to the break up of my marriage forcing me to relocate.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

I have to say I much prefer working with more men than women, not that I like big groups of men as such, but I can't really stand the bitchiness involved in working in a large group of women.

I take the comment that women will always be better than men and only let men think they are better with a pinch of salt. I imagine a couple where the woman thinks that she is better than the man and the man only letting her think that she is better for the sake of a quiet life. A bit like the Buckets in Keeping Up Appearances. I think that Hyacinth thinks she's in charge with her husband patiently keeping her excesses in check.

I take the comment that women will always be better than men and only let men think they are better with a pinch of salt. I imagine a couple where the woman thinks that she is better than the man and the man only letting her think that she is better for the sake of a quiet life. A bit like the Buckets in Keeping Up Appearances. I think that Hyacinth thinks she's in charge with her husband patiently keeping her excesses in check.

The only way either gender is beter than the other is because of societal programming where unfortunately we have had 2k years of eduction that says men are better, but you have to question what created that mind set.

The reality is, male or female it matters not, all male and female is, is for the purpose of re creation, beyond that although physically one may be stronger than the other in terms of physical strength, mentally we are the same, but emotionally I do believe we complement each other, in that to be whole two have to join as one to be the ultimate, both male and female energy combined.

That is if the ultimate is desired.

Many make do with what they have if they are happy with it.

Who needs to be the best ?

Behind every strong man there is a strong woman.

The way males and females fight gives the game away somewhat. For example in the animal kingdom males will have physical challenges (say like two stags fighting head-on). Females on the other hand do not do this as they do not come armed with antlers, etc.

From a survivalist stand-point females are less inclined to fight physically (except in defence). What many women do (in my experience) is cut into you with words that really hurt. They will twist arguments and wound you emotionally leaving you crying your eyes out as you step into that boxing ring which of course will leave you quite vulnerable. And yes we all feel sorry for Richard in "Keeping up Appearances" but he does it to himself because he never argues back and puts up with it. If I was Richard I would have left her a long time ago!

I disagree with what you said regarding women are less likely to fight physically ( except in defence ), because I have experienced marital violence, yes I was a battered husband and as to my defence one doesn't dare through the interest the police suddenly take and she knew how to use them. But I suffered many injuries from her, injuries I had to make excuses for at work as no one believes women are violent towards their husbands and what kind of man puts up with it.

I stand by my argument that women are less inclined to fight physically (except in defence) from a survivalist perspective.

Sadly from your perspect Sa it sounds as if you were simply unlucky and may you learn from that for future relationships because ultimately you did survive it! You are a survivor! Keep your head up and use your experience as a means to explore what you could have done better, which things you could have done differently, etc.