smileyK

anyone tried? ladies - belvia body suit ?!

Have you seen belvia body suits on tv advert that wear under clothing to flatten body shape better way have you ladies tried it out?! Does this body suit actually work do you think? Where shed lost so much in weight always constantly worried anxious over how I look if can see any loose skin flab yukky parts left can't have comestic surgery due to nhs cutbacks funding so this be closest thing ill get to it unless win lotto big fashion style millions be great as be what I'd spend it on feel so self conscious paranoid do you think it help reduce worry and stressing over body image all time??

The problem is, whatever fat you do have, it's going to be hormonal. the only way to elimintate that is to keep stress to a premium. So your first priority is to work on your mental state, so you can then improve your physical apperance. That's why i say back away form the exersise for a while, beacuse your just adding to the stress.

The awnser to your above question, is no.

Sounds again like I'm not listening falling on deaf ears but going swimming tomorrow early morning feeling bad guilty after yesterdays and today food intake not good :( feel pushed forced towards anything make me feel instantly magically cured for poor body image and high buzz rush combination is pure gold in weight!

How do you mean self medication?! Will I eventually crash fall burn suddenly? As losing sense of reality self identity so much being added to the list each time scares me so much! I tend if exercise equals to bringing up your food making yourself physically ill to get rid of excess calories on your body and fat off your skin release your mind!

Self medication, i.e, to do something that temperaraly blocks sadness. Some drink, some have lot's of sexual partners, you exersise. The trick is to tackle the problem in a way that's helpful and productive, and not in a way that just blocks it for a few hours.

I was explaining and describing to someone who knows me inside and out she reckons I'm exercise compelled if not addicted my parents would go mad if found out I still do both gym and swim in one session one day especially my mum! I hide this information from them told them I'd stop doing both but can't!

This friend who knows you inside out is the key. work with her, and try and find the solution. Your parents will only panic and make things worse, your friend should be a calm netrual, and could be the only one that's able to help you. This will take alot of hard work, but if you ever want to see the wood through the trees, your going to have to be dedicated to want to get over this rut.

If it means alot to you, you'll find a way, if not you'll find an excuse.

If I could take laxatives and do make physically ill then be an option too! Urges too as with other ticking time bombs in my head of self harm

One way ticket to dehydration and severe medical complications. Nothing is worth putting your life at danger.

Fixed happy I know I've got deep deep main pysch emotional issues within me that's why I exercise to run hide escape for awhile becomes too intense!

I want keep running hiding facing up too scary! I love mad rush within me stop at nothing to destroy harm me as feel worthless!

Edited by trekster

Go to the doctor, and get referred to a psychologist. Get back on your medication. Join a body image support group.

I am very concerned about your posts, because when you are manic you start obsessing with your weight and how you look. You are constantly taking risks with your health and mental wellbeing.

You need to take care of your mental issues and then everything else will follow.

Please start taking care of yourself.

I wonder how much of what we feel about ourselves in terms of body shape or size is the direct result of negative societal conditioning and to illustrate, an article I came across recently that tells the truth ;

http://www.ibtimes.com/supermodels-without-photoshop-israels-photoshop-law-puts-focus-digitally-altered-images-photos

Now as a photographer particularly skilled with photoshop I have done it, but I did it on request for a motivational image to help another to lose weight as a serious illness had piled on the pounds and two years into their get in shape health plan they had sensibly and permanently removed some of what they did not want, I removed a few more pounds in seconds with photoshop and now I understand that image has been blown up to about four foot across and adorns a bathroom wall humoros in that the image is almost of the

, an overweight nude on a cold windswept beach heading into the sea.

And there was a video on youtube which has since been taken down by the owners depicting a belly dance group choreographed and lead by Nath Keo, where in the comments below was one that really hit home and it was;

'' Look, Real Women ! ''

As true to life they were complete with what most would call excess fat but it is the natural body shape as the dancers being what they are to perform with Nath Keo were obviously very fit and highly skilled and were of ages thirties and above, some of whom have borne children.

But beauty is more than skin deep.

I purphased my belvia body suit this afternoon from boots going to see if it is successful in smoothing my yukky parts making me feel better when look in the mirror too can only try I suppose hoping fingers crossed it does the job as paid twenty quid for it!

Have you heard of the Campaign for Body Confidence? There's a link to their website below this article:

Magazine "miracle" diets should be dropped

Edited by Aeolienne

Interesting what I found recently about chillies and thermogenesis and so now I eat a handful of chillies a day ( put them on the back of the tongue, they are not as fiery )

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23179202

I already use a lot of coconut oil for the skin, hair, the cat, cooking and sometimes eating it as I use it on other stuff.

But eating chillies quells hunger.

I've just had salad for dinner yesterday and today tried special K crisps today and tried belvia body suit fits snug neat on me like swimming costume so now going to get belvia bra to uplift and shape pleased with the outcome!

Interesting what I found recently about chillies and thermogenesis and so now I eat a handful of chillies a day ( put them on the back of the tongue, they are not as fiery )

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23179202

I already use a lot of coconut oil for the skin, hair, the cat, cooking and sometimes eating it as I use it on other stuff.

But eating chillies quells hunger.

Indeed! don't under estimate the power of chilli's and spices. cinnamon is another one that is a fantastic thermogenic.

@ matzoball - how would go about gaining information on such a group?would adultMHT be one to ask further details on this group??? Didn't even know such a group even existed!? I know you learn something new everyday so that's my source! Just read aspergers syndrome for dummies which helped gain insight and knowledge not on just AS but also on related common mental health issues is an really interesting read! I liked way it was broken down in clear precise way! I saw it as body image issues resurface appear when I feel shaky rocky wobbly! So I thought the opposite to you...

Personally I don't understand the point of such a thing as when you take it off, no matter how great it works, your reality is still there :/

Nothing is going to help more than a healthy lifestyle, which is easier said than done I know. I also know first hand how evil side effects of medication are in regards to weight gain :(

The thing is, is it not better for people to see the 'real' you rather than some super slimmed down version when it's not your reality?

I agree re seeing your doctor if you're feeling this way and seeing if there is someone you can talk to about these issues.

http://www.thebddfoundation.com

http://www.bddhelp.co.uk

http://www.bddcentral.com

This book might also help - Overcoming Body Image Problems (including BDD) by David Veale, Willson and Clarke

http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG31/ - These guidelines will help you explain how you are feeling to your gp so you can get referred for help whether it be cbt or other methods.

I come to the personal decision after soul searching long,hard and deep within myself that I have some real deep difficult challenging battles with mixture of all sorts of emotional issues which flood back time after time all of sudden shock me so much! The dealing with the issues going to be long road to travel when feel so alone isolated withdrawn can be scary! Hope you don't think I'm pure utter wimp here! Sorry if I am! Sorry about everything! Issues travel back constantly to low self esteem , low body image,rapid mood cycles opposite ends extremes which drive me to despair bleakness emptiness feeling pure useless worthless and list endless so much more feel good for nothing! Is low body image point reaching no return BDD type issue arising also in your personal opinions thoughts please go ahead?! Any direction thoughts not mine will help me out a lot!? X appreciate it and am grateful too by the way may not seem that way lot time with my intial reactions to your posts but don't mean it to sound that way just way it is comes out! Not personal attack on anyone posting on here for me! Xxx

Can I be bad and enquire how common is triple off of having mental health co morbid overlap main issues of AS , aspects of BDD don't know if strong enough classic signs show up to official assess or diagnose BDD there though aspects of GAD and bipolar or /and both occuring together !??? Xxx

I carried an online pysch central test for mania my score was : 68. Anything 58+ is severe mania :( not taking this a true gosspel fact or concrete evidence /proof but a good lead start ball rolling in right direction what do you think personally? Should I try BDD and GAD pysch central test too work that out too my result /score at the end?! What you do if were me right now! Heading down dark dangerous path going to trip fall down lose balance altogether proper scared now! What have I started done is this the best way?!

Edited by trekster

Hi smileyK

From your posts, it's my personal opinion that you appear to be very obsessive in your thinking, perhaps this is only when you are high/manic, I don't know. Your posts are like the words are all tumbling out of your mouth with no restraint, planning or control.

You are unrealistically obsessive about your weight/body image and I can't see that anything you do eating/exercise/medication wise is ever going to help reduce your problem. As the others say it is very much more about your thinking and your mental health, rather than your physical health/body shape. From your photo before you looked like a perfectly slim normal young woman. You now say you've lost so much weight you have loose skin - this worries me very much, and your parents must have noticed and be concerned (unless you are doing things to hide your weight loss to them - which would be even more worrying). Or perhaps you are obsessing over every little bit of skin you can pinch, and it's maybe not as loose as you think.

I really feel you need professional help. Please please talk to a professional - I really don't think it sounds like you could possibly sort this out yourself.

@ manda panda - I struggle to keep under wraps hidden and secret. I exercise more than parents know of! Don't know how much parents feel of weight loss believe just want me to maintain keep my weight stable keep the same! Struggle to inform them of everything! Other thing don't know is I take herbal slimming pills and have brought proper slimming pills before adios and I've lost control everything a mess wreck! Feel like I should be doing this alone without any real help and guidance! :(

Feel like I should be doing this alone without any real help and guidance! :(

Oh no you shouldn't.

why how come? you think this information detail on here important explanation?x

I dont know if can gain the courage to work out where i go from here?! X

Edited by trekster

Print this page out, blank out the other forum members faces and names and then show this to your doctor.

Very good advice

why how come? you think this information detail on here important explanation?x

This is why you need professional help, everyone who has posted on this thread can see it apart from you Smiley.

I dont know if can gain the courage to work out where i go from here?! X

Print this page out, blank out the other forum members faces and names and then show this to your doctor.

Edited by raydon

Just got to decide to jump take the leap of trust and faith after past events bit wary doubtful if I'm totally honest! I need putting back together emotionally bit by bit piece by piece,don't know if can be broken that that far much as come to dead end! ;(

Feel like walking before and after I've eaten!

Edited by trekster

Excellent post matzoball :cheers:

I'm also really impressed with Matzoballs posts on this subject :-)