aspieman

Moderation and Admin

Tonight reading through some of the topics on this board I can see that a couple of members here are anti moderation.

I have been reading posts from this board for many years even if I haven't posted replies as I used to have another user name mainly for just reading topics and it's a nice board here.

Please give the staff here some grace, It's not an easy job working behind the scenes and until you have worked behind the scenes you won't have a clue what's involved.

I speak out of experience as I have had my own php board and I'm currently an administrator on another popular board.

Moderators and Administrators are there to help us as many with ASD are very vulnerable.

This board is only lightly moderated to other ASD boards and others have hardly any moderation which don't make for a safe haven.

Please just remember moderators are human just like me and you and they also have an ASD and moderating is very stressful so public criticism is very painful when all they are trying to do is help everyone to have a safe and friendly board, If anyone is upset then PM a moderator or the admin team rather then behaving like a troll trying to cause mass confusion.

Thanks so much for your support Aspieman it is much appreciated.

Tonight reading through some of the topics on this board I can see that a couple of members here are anti moderation.

I have been reading posts from this board for many years even if I haven't posted replies as I used to have another user name mainly for just reading topics and it's a nice board here.

Please give the staff here some grace, It's not an easy job working behind the scenes and until you have worked behind the scenes you won't have a clue what's involved.

I speak out of experience as I have had my own php board and I'm currently an administrator on another popular board.

Moderators and Administrators are there to help us as many with ASD are very vulnerable.

This board is only lightly moderated to other ASD boards and others have hardly any moderation which don't make for a safe haven.

Please just remember moderators are human just like me and you and they also have an ASD and moderating is very stressful so public criticism is very painful when all they are trying to do is help everyone to have a safe and friendly board, If anyone is upset then PM a moderator or the admin team rather then behaving like a troll trying to cause mass confusion.

Yes and I have been a moderator.

But given my experience I understand one hundred percent what being a moderator means, it is a thankless job fraught with difficulty but your job is to keep the website safe.

Edited by trekster

if you would like to chat please pm me.

Please remember any member can be blocked from pm ing you .If you are recieving unwanted messages.

Many thanks aspieman for your very kind words it is appreciated by all of us new mods. Like you rightfully said being a moderator is not an easy job far from it and I've only been one for a 3 days so it's very early on for me! I just want everyone to get along, to feel they can come on here anytime to a very good forum which this is and I hope it will go from strength to strength which I'm sure is what we all hope.

Well said and i hope we can get along or at least respectfully disagree if at all.

Evening all!

I am a little late to this thread so apologies!

I have been a moderator on this forum for many years now, and as has been discussed elsewhere I am not as active as I used to be, and this applies to the other existing mods too, so we are all very grateful to the new moderators for stepping up to the plate. Please be patient as they settle into their new roles.

It is important to remember that moderators are simply ordinary forum members. In the spirit openness I can say that in practical terms there are tow main differences between moderators and ordinary members:

i. We have access to a private sub-forum for discussion of moderating issues that is occasionally active, but can sometimes be completely inactive for weeks on end,

and

ii.we have access to a few more options to edit, move or lock posts

That is about it really. We all are all eiither Autistic ourselves or we have Autistic children. We came to the forum for the same reason you did and have the same pressure on out time. Sometimes we won't be around for a while or may take longer to get back to you than you would want, so please be gentle with us!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

So in the spirit of openness can you please educate those that don't know what the spirit of openness actually means.

Not compliacted surely? I am being open about exactly how moderators here operate.

Not compliacted surely? I am being open about exactly how moderators here operate.

Ah, I see you were acting in the spirit of openness not saying moderators are required to act in the spirit of openness ?