robert7111a

Day at the park

Well, despite all the negativity and bad weather 2013 started off with nice sunny weather and a stroll round the park with my camera. It's been a while since I've been out and to just relax and snap some pics of the trees, the fountains, the ducks and geese etc was great. Give me a camera, a nice big park and lots of sunshine and I'm in heaven.

Made a huge difference with a welcome break from the dreary weather we've been having. Certainly enough to lift me out of the lows of my mood cycle.

Ah then I have a problem as I don't have an account with either. I once had an account with Fotopic before they went under. So sorry mate, looks like this aint gonna be possible...

I know how you feel... Here was quite nice earlier so the dog and I got a much needed outing. Feels good doesn't it?! :)

I was trying to think if there was somewhere I knew where you could upload photos... Have you thought of Flickr if you want to share photos on a regular basis? I used to use that a little bit when I was doing my music photography.

Hi Oakers

I didn't use Fotopic that much so when it went to the wall, I wasn't really bothered about signing up to anything else. Also what kinda put me off was enthusiasts who would put up everything - even rubbish, blurry photos just to get noticed. That isn't me. Another excuse I know, but life is so hectic at present, I'm still captioning up "official" photos that I took 6 months ago! Maybe it's this hectic life that is stopping me, or my lack of spontaneous seeking to share achievements etc that uploading recent stuff to a "new" site isn't at the top of my priorities at the moment. Who knows eh...?

No, I can see what you're saying about sites like that and have often thought the same myself. I really don't understand why some people upload what they do but then again I have a super self-critical eye and that sometimes transcends into how I view other work.

I was lucky in one sense that when I was doing my photography it was, to a point, time limited with regards to editing and uploading, otherwise there was a time when I'd have quite happily have left the editing for some time. I'd take my time with stuff but I couldn't ever just sit on it, as I sometimes wished I could. The other good thing was that I really only used Flickr to upload a little of my work, as I had my own music website that I was running.

Although, I do wonder if I'd still be taking photos now if I didn't have all that pressure on top of a physical illness and a full time job!! I know, pressure is good right?!! ;)

I think the key though is to enjoy what you're doing :) the suggestion re Flickr was more as a storage point but I can see why it'd be off putting.

Edited by oakers

AS... I only ever liked music photography... never really found any interest in anything else, sadly. Now I need to find another hobby, besides baking.