Sa Skimrande

Aspie Books ?

Anyone got any ?

I have;

All Cats have Asperger's by Kathy Hoopman ( Just for the cute cats as I like cats, I understand them )

The Jumbled Jigsaw by Donna Williams

Women from Another Planet by Jean Kearns Miller

Asperger's Syndrome and Long Term Relationships by Ashley Stanford

What have you got, and do you find them useful ?

My mum printed off marc segar's book, called The survival guide for an aspergers sufferer (or something like that) He diddn't put it into production, he just had it online instead. sadly he died back in 97, he was only in his 20's. But i got a lot from it, at my young age.

I have Marc Segar's book too. I also have a fantastic book written by somebody on this forum. A few of the stories etc really hit a raw nerve and brought a tear to my eye. You know who you are :smile: x

Edited by robert7111a

'The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome' Tony Attwood

'Aspergirls' Rudy Simone

'22 Things a Woman with Asperger's wants her Partner to Know' Rudy Simone

and a few more but these are the main ones.

Received these through the post yesterday;

'Aspergirls' and '22 Things a Woman with Asperger's wants her Partner to Know' Rudy Simone.

It took roughly 2 hrs to read 22 things...and it was brilliant. Like a how to manual on me :) (although I thought that about 10-15% of it described other people - just goes to prove that we aren't all the same).

Now I'm about half way through 'Aspergirls' - I almost cried. So many, if not all the stories/descriptions ring true.

I just thought that I was a little different and that other people's opinions of me didn't count as I did not follow their social code/mindset nor did they know or try to understand me (of course, I couldn't explain to them either - now I think I can - "Here you go...read this book").

I thought that what all that I did/said (do/say) etc... was/is wrong - but I couldn't change that (a failed individual).

Now I know that these are all traits that I share with a very exclusive group of people who are extraordinary in their own ways.

Next step is utilizing the tips and information that I have in a constructive way - helping me to help myself, helping my family to understand what's going on etc... Awesome.

Chris Slater-Walker, Gisela Slater-Walker; An Asperger Marriage; ISBN: 1843100177
Ashley Stanford; Asperger Syndrome and Long Term Relationships; ISBN: 1843107341
Luke Jackson; Freaks, Geeks & Asperger Syndrome: A User Guide to Adolescence; ISBN: 1843100983
Jean Kearns Miller; Women from Another Planet?: Our Lives in the Universe of Autism; ISBN: 1410734315
Karen E. Rodman; Asperger's Syndrome and Adults... Is Anyone Listening? Essays and Poems by Partners, Parents and Family Members...; ISBN: 1843107511 (Uh oh)
Eileen Riley-Hall; Parenting Girls on the Autism Spectrum: Overcoming the Challenges and Celebrating the Gifts; ISBN: 1849058938
Rudy Simone; Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome; ISBN: 1849058261
Jennifer McIlwee Myers; How to Teach Life Skills to Kids with Autism or Asperger's; ISBN: 1935274139
Charlotte Moore; George & Sam: Two Boys, One Family, and Autism; ISBN: 0312374240
Paul Collins; Not Even Wrong: A Father's Journey Into the Lost History of Autism; ISBN: 1582344787
Dawn Prince-Hughes; Songs of the Gorilla Nation: My Journey Through Autism; ISBN: 1400082153
Jerry Newport; Mozart and the Whale
Deborah Lynn Jacobs; The Same Difference; ISBN: 0880924659

Most of my books are autism related, ive got quite a few JKP books, some social skills books, a few NAS guides, some cookbooks on gf/cf diet and a few others.