Sign in to follow this  
Paul Hughes*

Therapist needed in or around Essex

Good morning.

I have been contacted by someone who would like to find a good counsellor / psychotherapist for her AS daughter. She has tried CBT to no effect.

I wonder if anybody here knows of any good solutions focused brief therapy people in Essex or nearby counties? SFBT is a good therapy for many AS people in need of help. Any other counselling recommendations for that part of the world would be useful too.

I've spent an age looking for someone around Essex with a declared experience of working with the AS community but no luck. So, I thought I'd ask you guys...

Thanks

Paul

If any members wish to contact Paul with any recommendations can they please do this via the pm , messaging system .Many thanks .Welcome to the forum Paul.CBT is usually a recommended form of therapy for AS/ASD I,m sorry it has not worked in this case.How old is the daughter and does she need the therapist for a particular area, such as anxiety, ocd, or eating issues ?

Hi Paul

When I used to go to a local group here In Essex for my son's ADHD (ADDing Support) I met some guy from Colchester who was a really good psychotherapist for aspergers, I can't remember the guys name, Used to have a card for him but can't find it but it was 10 years a go, Don't know if he still practices, I think his name was Paul but don't quote me.

You could ask SAFE http://www.aspergers.org.uk/contact-us/

Or

Autism anglia http://www.autism-anglia.org.uk/

If they don't know then I don't know who else would know, If his name comes to me I will let you know.