Sign in to follow this  
Sa Skimrande

Who owns this website and what is the purpose ?

After being told by Mossgrove that this website is paid for by a group of individuals who keep the site advertisement free I wonder what is the purpose of them doing this.

Is it a charitable action in that they wish to provide for the UK ASD ?

Or is it other ?

The forum was originally created by myself (as the techie) and my friend Elefan. Elefan had a child on the spectrum and was seeking answers to questions.

It just went from there. Like many things it was born from a need at the time and grew to serve so many other people through the years. It continues to do so and I guess that is its purpose now :)

Lufty took over with the costs, admin and care and maintenance of the forum after I moved onto other interests some years back. I still pop by from time to time and will try and do so a little more in the future to support the moderating team.

Kris

The forum was originally created by myself (as the techie) and my friend Elefan. Elefan had a child on the spectrum and was seeking answers to questions.

It just went from there. Like many things it was born from a need at the time and grew to serve so many other people through the years. It continues to do so and I guess that is its purpose now :)

Lufty took over with the costs, admin and care and maintenance of the forum after I moved onto other interests some years back. I still pop by from time to time and will try and do so a little more in the future to support the moderating team.

Kris

Hi Kris,

Nice to see a response from the original creator of the forum.

Just wondering as you're here though - is there a way to maybe curtain/screen one of the areas of the forum as I don't know if anyone else has these worries but I worry that some members are maybe putting a bit too much info out there that can be accessed by just about anyone. Some times I have a look through to see if there's anything interesting to reply to and I don't log-in and I have long thought how useful a cordoned-off area would be especially where sensitive issues/daily rants about this and that can be discussed amongst members only.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

We probably don't see it all but there are certain things like what you are talking about - members posting too much personal information and various issues that may be upsetting to other members - which when seen or when our attention is brought to it, can be edited or moved by the moderating team. Members are contacted to let them know the reasons why certain decisions are made.

The idea of an over 18's area (private) has been discussed quite a lot recently but as it stands there are no plans for this to be put into effect.

I'm not sure if a screened area for members only has ever been discussed but can let the other moderators / hosts know of your suggestion.

Please flag up anything you think is of concern Mike in future (and anyone else!) and keep the comments coming.

Lynda :)

Edited by Lyndalou