Merry

2,4,6,8 Who do you appreciate?

Hi everybody!

I picked `Meet and Greet` for this thread because there are a lot of new members here and a lot of older members here, who i really don't know much about. I thought it might be nice for the new people to see how much we as members appreciate each other and the kind of place they're getting involved with. Also, I fancied doing something positive, just for fun! New member or old member, feel free to take part! And if you're not mentioned, please don't take offense...there are A LOT of members to get through!

I'm hoping I can get people to join in. This is what you need to do:

• Pick one other member of the forum,
  • Say something you've learned about that person's life,
  • Say what that person has taught you through their posting or messages,
  • and finally, why you appreciate them.

:partytime:

I'll start:

I really appreciate a lot of people here. One of the people i really appreciate is Sa Skimrande.

I've learned that he is very creative and makes jewelery and is interested in subjects of a spiritual nature, is very positive and thinks aspergers may be a natural thing with a very bright side! (Despite any difficulties we might face). He also feels the cold a lot, and he has a lot of understanding about the world. He has taught me that often, taking a step back and offering an intelligent response to a thread is far more productive than saying the first thing that comes into my head. I appreciate him because he has a way of seeing things differently and saying just the right things at just the right time. I really enjoy reading his posts.

Edited by Merry

that is a hard one for me to do. So i do a intro of me

Hi I am special talent. I have autims and other disabilities. i love to sing, i belong to rock choir. I love to dance. love to run my own website. I also love campaigning rights for those with disabilities

I don't believe I can single out just one person for an 'accolade' of appreciation. There are many things that are said by many people at different times about various subjects. Depending upon the 'hat' I am wearing when I am coming onto the forum, whether it be my 'mum hat', 'adult with ASD hat', 'upset and frustrated hat' or 'reflective and questioning hat' comments and discussions help me in a myriad of ways. Some of the discussions, topics raised and answers made challenge me, make me feel stronger or help me see things from another perspective. Even the recent arguments and upsets on the forum can be used as a means to learn.

If I want to mention names in particular I would suggest Sally44, Robert 7111a and Darkshine for their knowledge, experience and strength which shines through in what they post.

Edited by Lyndalou

Well....what an interesting question but I might be at risk of alienating one or two peo, Mple here. When I first joined the forum, LancsLad, Darkshine and Warrior were the first three that made me feel welcome. Warrior for his amusement, "off the wall" characteristics, yet he had a serious side to him and kept the forum alive. LancsLad for his wisdom and Darkshine for his dryness, honesty and wisdom. Then there was SmileyK who made me realise just how much AS can be depressive and unappreciative to those not on the spectrum, Merry for her interesting stories and having a hubby rather like me, Lyndalou who also posts good advice and has a husband with an obsessive interest not too dissimilar to my own. Then there's Sa Skimrade for his blatant honesty and always one for a good healthy argument and who has been through the mangle like me. HannahUCL whom I've met personally and really looking forward to seeing her work, Willow-Hope for her most inspirational book that I have read...I could go on... and apologise if I have missed anyone out.

Basically I have learnt something from everyone on this forum and hope to make more friends....

Love it! Brilliant idea Merry. As a newbie it would be really lovely to learn a little bit about you everyone why they are a part of the forum.

I have only really recently joined and am trying to get a bit braver about posting.

I have been made to feel welcome, so thank you everyone :)

I guess I joined to get advice and experience. Have been feeling quite alone and struggling a bit with my DD's diagnosis. Want to learn more, feel less worried and make some friends. I never seem to have enough time though so you will notice my posts are never very long! :)

Hi everybody!

I picked `Meet and Greet` for this thread because there are a lot of new members here and a lot of older members here, who i really don't know much about. I thought it might be nice for the new people to see how much we as members appreciate each other and the kind of place they're getting involved with. Also, I fancied doing something positive, just for fun! New member or old member, feel free to take part! And if you're not mentioned, please don't take offense...there are A LOT of members to get through!

I'm hoping I can get people to join in. This is what you need to do:

• Pick one other member of the forum,
  • Say something you've learned about that person's life,
  • Say what that person has taught you through their posting or messages,
  • and finally, why you appreciate them.

:partytime:

I'll start:

I really appreciate a lot of people here. One of the people i really appreciate is Sa Skimrande.

I've learned that he is very creative and makes jewelery and is interested in subjects of a spiritual nature, is very positive and thinks aspergers may be a natural thing with a very bright side! (Despite any difficulties we might face). He also feels the cold a lot, and he has a lot of understanding about the world. He has taught me that often, taking a step back and offering an intelligent response to a thread is far more productive than saying the first thing that comes into my head. I appreciate him because he has a way of seeing things differently and saying just the right things at just the right time. I really enjoy reading his posts.

Thank You for your very kind words Merry and I do apologise for not replying sooner, my reason was, in order to dispel a bout of serious negativity I purposefully refrained from getting involved with this forum this past week, but I was watching, lurking if you like and there I learned something about the lurkers from where they were viewing.

But as to who I appreciate on here, well that would be you Merry to start with for being so kind as to say you appreciate my efforts here, but there are others with whom I communicate off forum and sometimes on it via PM, you know who you are, because I know you are watching.

Otherwise I did think my presence here was much akin to the fart in a space suit scenario.

Otherwise I did think my presence here was much akin to the fart in a space suit scenario.

On the contrary, As Skimrande. Your posts are varied, interesting, honest and appreciated.