Sign in to follow this  
lizzy-wilson

Why am I still panicking - I don't need to be...

Well, the title says it all.

I started panicking late yesterday afternoon from a result of worrying about something that I really didn't need to worry about (Bad taste in my mouth - It really was nothing...as I keep telling myself!)

I came home from work tired as flip, I hadn't realized that I didn't really eat much yesterday and if I don't eat then my blood sugar levels just drop and I get the shakes. So that didn't help matters, I couldn't eat my tea as I think I was just past it, went out with mum, thought I'd stopped, well I had, but woke up this morning and it's lingering in my mind.

It's stopped me going to work as I just could't face it but I feel very guilty now as we're extremely busy because our whole site is moving premises, so there has been painting and so on to do. We managed to get 9 rooms done in 3 days, all second, third coated. I think the other things is, I'm tired - It's been non stop since coming back after Christmas.

As I explain to people, it's like a ticking time bomb, as soon as I worry or panic about something it lights, then it gets closer and closer as the day goes on and then :george: BANG!!! It goes off. I think of it as the police and firemen trying to sort everything out, trying to clear it all but there are just some bits they can't get too.

My way of looking at it might seem odd but it kinda works for me.

It also feels like a security blanket, I'm still holding on to it but I don't want to.

I really need to tell myself to get a grip and to pull myself together!!!

Ah well, I'll go and try to get rid of it. It's a right pain in the a***!!!!