smileyK

why do feel so itchy ,stratchy - restless 'n' irritable

Smiley, i'm not sure if i'm reading this right. Are you saying that you don't know why you don't go to the gym when you're restless? Because that would be a great idea by the way....it's obviously something which works for you...... If it's just about motivation, you could try forcing yourself, without giving it much thought. Like when my husband promises to be the one who gets up with the baby during the night.....but throws a wobbly when he actually has to go through with it, as though having to get out of bed is the absolute worse thing in the world...makes such a big fuss about it! I always tell him: "Just do it without giving it any thought." Because then it can't make him feel angry! When I don't want to do something but know i should, I just do it without thinking about how i feel about it. Then after, i usually find it wasn't as bad as i first thought it would be! If you know that going to the gym will make you feel good, don't hang about, just get up and go...don't let your mind put you off! Sometimes, just that change of scenery or activity can leave you in a different place emotionally, to where you were before! My dad was a scientologist when i was growing up. One thing he used to say a lot was "You drive your own car" meaning if your body is the car, you're the driver...you're the one who tells it what to do and where to go. A similar thing i like to say to myself is: "I am the lord of my own being" which means the same thing. It's just a reminder that I'm capable of pushing through negative emotional states and the physical reactions of the body, in order to do the things that i know will make me feel better....and you can too. :)

No I mean why I feel restless when don't go gym as feel like I need burn the "energy" out of me! It's like I "crave" the gym continuously have no idea why! So puzzled and confused!

Oh I'm sorry I did misread it. I don't know why you feel restless when you don't get to the gym.....Is going to the gym a regular part of your routine? If so, it could just be that you feel something is missing from your day somehow if you haven't been. Routines can be very stabilizing. Or, it could be that your body is just very used to exercise...I wouldn't know much about that. Or, it could be a number of things related to your psychological need to work out. But only you could know what those things are. I believe exercise can be addictive but so can chocolate! It's whatever stimulates those happy chemicals in our brains!

Smiley all of this is linked in with your current mental state.

I know you are trying to make sense of everything but you are doing it all at the one time. Keep up with your diary and put this in it. You need to focus on one bit at a time not everything at once. You will overload yourself. I think perhaps you should go have a bath, chill out with some music and try and get ready for bed.

@ merry - gym is crucial important life line of my everyday routine plays massive part of it now feels 'hole' 'gap' 'space' - missing part' to life i suppose in weird /strange way!

@ Matzoball - have added exercise routine to my mood diary part of it the constant NEED to chase around 'exercise' as a whole not matter if cold snowing outside nothing matters when comes to getting my 'buzz' 'fix' through my veins i feel alive that can breath again without it feel so grotty ,yukky ... not good! crave anyways possible to get the exercise I NEED everyday someway or another! i know it's becoming all mixed ,clustered scattered - think becoming more of an issue right now due to completing my mood diary all becomes pretty much of a overwhelming puzzle /picture . had shower @ the gym i am quite chilled! lol :P just having a usual RANT routine like everything else!

XKLX

I know chemical endorphin I crave,need as whether this involves self -harm towards myself or working hard at the gym! So gripped by what it makes feel the pure buzz pumping within my veins skipping a day makes me feel physical /emotionally 'weak'

Well, why don't you go for a run? Incorporate a short route that begins and ends at your house and perhaps that will give you the boost you need. It will also tire you out which might help with your sleeping issues.

Smiley I,m a keen runner I do about 25/30 miles a week and I try not to run everyday ........I would if I could as I love the "me" time it gives me.......so I try to have at least 2 days off a week so my body can recover .I know that restless feeling well.

Why are you not going to the gym at the moment ?

Edited by Suze

I'm on /off @ the gym due this poor weather of snow more today and was hoping to go swimming today! Did go gym yesterday with deep thick snow on the ground with snow boots on! I'll just go on my wii fit tonite hopefully get my proper real planned exercise session in tomorrow morning instead of today! Not happy I had "cancel" due to unpredictable weather conditions here it's bad!

Yeah I live literally 5 mins away from a local park! It really had dramatic "knock on effect" if miss out a session of exercise for whatever reason! It seems be getting worse each time too!

Mmm I love swimming Smiley. I used to have a gym obsession for a while, only about a year, but not for the gym. I used to try to swim 75 lengths of the pool every day...just a personal target, and then i'd treat myself to ages in the sauna or steam room, or a little pampering after just because it used to make me feel soooo good! -Every day, even if i'd been to work first, i'd feel like i'd had a holiday!

my target for swimming lengths is 32 but try mix it up vary it abit so physical body doesn't just 'get used to it' and adapts and tones up even more so sometimes so 20-25 especially if going gym straight after swimming! love doing both exercises activities one after the other do this in 'secret' as parents especially mum worries /concerns over me if do more than one a day and also walk 2.5 miles from my home to work and same 2.5 miles back so do 4 miles to work everyday!

XKLX

Smiley you should not be going to the gym and swimming in the same day. You have told us more than once that you over do it at the gym. So perhaps alternating when you swim or work out might be a healthier alternative.

@ matzoball -* sorry if repeating myself! over this but don't seem but 'going away' as such i can't seem to 'alternate' between the two either 'all or nothing' situation with me!

did mention this exercise to the nurse @ MHT so she is 'aware' of my never -ending issues that arise!

XKLX

@ matzoball that's what finding an issue - seperating each or either finding real tough! difficult!

* also look into post on post too many times when 'high' 'erratic' mood state PLEASE!

XKLX

Edited by smileyK