Sa Skimrande

Aspie Eyes

Talking about eyes and how they look ;

Aspie Eyes ;

Notice the video comment describing a "stoned", or flirtatious, or are told our eyes are beautiful, innocent, or child-like.

Hi Sa i've seen this before....I wander if there's anything in it? Do you feel you have `aspie eyes?`Mine are a bit too big for my head. People have said in the past that there's something about me that freaks them out as if i know more about them than i should....and usually it comes back to the intense eye thing.

i won't say anything 'different' about 'the appearance' of my eyes to be honest not that i've noticed! have heard of others having large head circumstance so maybe 'something in it'!

XKLX

Hi Sa i've seen this before....I wander if there's anything in it? Do you feel you have `aspie eyes?`Mine are a bit too big for my head. People have said in the past that there's something about me that freaks them out as if i know more about them than i should....and usually it comes back to the intense eye thing.

A lot have mentioned aspie eyes and mine well I have to be careful because I stare into space a lot and it comes across as staring where people have said they can feel the stare when they walk into line of sight. But of aspies I have come across, eyes do feature, something about them, but then I am fascinated by eyes which is odd given the facial problems we sometimes we have.

@ Sa skimrande-

strange should 'pick up' on this matter as mum tells me sometimes "staring into thin air where were you ,-in your own world" like 'trance like state' this normally happens though when highly stressful environment where lot is demanded out of me socially and sensory think this is common within spectrum to cope /manage block out the overload too much information?

XKLX

I call it `blank out` not black out....because i do the staring thing too. I blank out when in a stressful or tiring situation just like smiley. I might be thinking, or i might just be...blank....empty, much like my meditations, but it's not usually an intentional thing. It's a coping strategy i think. So anyway...the eye thing. Is it our eyes, or do we have a certain intense kind of energy....? Personally, i can tell when people are psychic for example, because they actually have a lot of fuzziness in the eye area and they also tend to have very intense, almost feline looking eyes. (When i say fuzziness, i mean that i can see the energy over and surrounding their eyes. I used to be able to see auras and this is the one part of the ability which i have seemed to retain).

Edited by Merry

Ok... I don't know if this is going to sound right, but here goes anyway...

People often say that eyes are the windows to the soul, yes? So, if we are really very different and we are in fact wired differently to those around us, perhaps it's just our eyes reflecting that?

Ok... I don't know if this is going to sound right, but here goes anyway...

People often say that eyes are the windows to the soul, yes? So, if we are really very different and we are in fact wired differently to those around us, perhaps it's just our eyes reflecting that?

Yes that sounds likely

it trance like disappearing away from visual or noise stimulant around you environment i believe quite common occurance in people with ASD just all of sudden zoning /trancing out of situation used to do this at school environment due constant stress/strains/pressures but was generally put down to my dyspraxia as that was obvious there physically like 'daydreaming state' out window drifting off! was also put down to lack of attention/short concentration span due to dyspraxia alot was just shrugged off literally put down to 'oh just dyspraxia playing up today expression'!

looking back over past school years experiences /records i can see 'everything'

especially when overly tired or stressed completely out of comfort secure safety zone can be hard work /effort to stay with it and not just decide (loose term) to "drift away" all of sudden! only when people point !only when mum normally points it out do i know i've been in a 'trance like state' trance like state almost like epilespy state

XKLX

I have been told many times that I have lovely eyes (she says, blushing).........I too "zone" out a lot, and it actually says on my dx that I have a very intense stare.......so there may well be something in this theory.......interesting, Thanks.