Sa Skimrande

BEER ?

I have come to the distinct conclusion although I like beer, it doesn't like me anymore and to think this banging headache I have had all day is the result of four pints of 3.2 % ale. Now three is my limit normally and I have had to switch from the strong tasty stuff to the weakest insipid stuff in the space of six months as it was becoming obvious beer was out to get me, but last night, I had my quota then someone bought me another beer, and given it is rude to turn a pint down given the cost of the stuff, I had to drink it and now I am suffering for it as I knew I would.

But Beer, who likes beer, and what is your favourite ?

Me, last night it was Sharps; Doom Bar, not a favourite, but the weakest on the bar, but of favourites, I do like Greene King's ; Abbot ale and Courage's; Directors also Shephard Neame; Bishops Finger and Spitfire

But why was I at the pub on a Sunday night given my status, why, because I am a member of two pub quiz teams and the only time I go to the pub these days is to engage in pub quizzes, where my forte is science maths and technology also current affairs and invariably beer gets bought for me as my quiz teams want me there, I see people three times a week.

I don't really drink. But when i do, i love irish stout. You mention Doom Bar, that's also a favorite of mine. Anything bitter, and i'm there. I also like to go down the lanes in Brighton, and do a shot of absinthe with the lads.

I also can't drink too much. I've never actually been drunk, and i wouldn't want to be.

Absinthe !

How can you fail not to get drunk on that stuff, I will avoid it like the plague as it was the only time I have ever blown chunks through drinking and it wasn't that much of it either- evil stuff !

I don't drink at all. Hate the way it makes me feel....oh actually that's a lie, when occasionally my insomnia gets out of hand, i will drink to get to sleep if i feel it's necessary...but that's rare. Other than that I find I have no need for it. My chap loves beer tho...he says there's nothing like a cold beer after a hard day.

I used to drink beer... this was many, many moons ago. I don't drink at all now and haven't done in over 10 years or so. I tried drinking spirits but they just had a nasty habit of making me feel like my throat was closing up after a couple of sips, so they were a no go for me.

I don't miss it, and in fact, a glass of fizzy pop effects me more than alcohol ever did. I'll be the one bouncing around at the end of the night when my friends are lying there with their heads in their hands.

I like drinking beer, altjough I seldom get the opportunity (I have to rise at 5am on weekdays, so I cannot drink anything the evening before).

What I found has started to taste ok, is alcool-free beer; I think you should be able to get that in your pub, too.

I've spent ten years as good as teetotal because I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding or both! as a result it doesn't take much for me to feel the effects. I like beer or cider, but never drink much, although my neighbour seems to like to ply me with it sometimes, and on those occasions I do have to put some effort into walking a straight line.

I like a glass of beer, lager or wine with a meal but don't drink the harder stuff.

My beer like issue was caused when I was on citalopram as prior to I never really bothered drinking and as I was always driving, well I don't drink and drive and that means with me I adhere to other countries laws regarding the matter in that if I drive, I don't drink at all, because with me even the minimum affects and I am aware of it.

But what I found through rather large quantities of beer was that the ASD issues I experienced largely disappeared in that hey, I could communicate and be comfortable, but then drunks communicating with drunks all the nuances that most use in polite company are generally gone anyway.

But I realised why I drink, and it was to be comfortable in social situations as I will avoid social situations where there is no medication available to take. But that is the reason why many take to alcohol in the first place, it relaxes and alters communicational issues.

My trouble now is what I used to be able to drink I can't anymore, mind, not eating a lot doesn't really help I suppose.

I grew up with wine on the table at mealtimes and so started drinking when my parents felt I was old enough. So I have a healthy attitude to drink. Yes I like a drink most days after a hard day's work to unwind etc but am most certainly not an alcoholic. I drive a lot too so would not even think about having a drink.

I drink to relax and it kinda helps me in the right social situation