A-S warrior

Must the game change?

Anyone who has followed me since the begging will know, i carry myself with a very sarcastic yet friendly sence of humor. I appear almost obnoxious and childish, yet people loved me for it.

However, since deciding to return, and give this place another go, i feel..... dare i say.. very PG. I was very much a Rated 15+ poster, and had an attitude that was often hammerd by the mods, and i had fun being cheeky. Now the latest members don't understand me at all.

My humor is being misunderstood, and people are getting upset, and may i say, this isn't any fun for me at all.

Yes, perhaps i should use a bit more discretion than used to way back when, but i can't stop being me?

Also, add a smiley to your post to vote for an adult sub forum so the true warrior can return!

Anyone who has followed me since the begging will know, i carry myself with a very sarcastic yet friendly sence of humor. I appear almost obnoxious and childish, yet people loved me for it.

However, since deciding to return, and give this place another go, i feel..... dare i say.. very PG. I was very much a Rated 15+ poster, and had an attitude that was often hammerd by the mods, and i had fun being cheeky. Now the latest members don't understand me at all.

My humor is being misunderstood, and people are getting upset, and may i say, this isn't any fun for me at all.

As is mine, but that's nothing new.

Yes, perhaps i should use a bit more discretion than used to way back when, but i can't stop being me?

I think that also goes for everybody else here too, we are all oddballs, we generally don't fit into society very easily, so here is supposed to be a haven for the likes of us, and it can be, if we employ a bit of give and take as one might do in real life, where one could even consider forum interaction as a form of training on how to communicate with others. :peace:

Also, add a smiley to your post to vote for an adult sub forum so the true warrior can return!

I still don't see the need for a sub forum, however one stupid question if all of you really wanted an adult ASD forum why not just create one? My 12 year old has set up his own website and his own buisness,why can't you?

Well, there appears to be a few adults on here that do wish to talk about adult issues and are so far prevented which kind of suggests adults can't talk about adult ASD issues as it pertains to perhaps all important things like human relations, which is hardly indicative of an all inclusive ASD website. For example only yesterday a member was becoming too adult and was moderated for it, is that fair, yes and no, perhaps fair in a family area, but adults can't talk adult on this website at the moment, do you not see the wrong in this ? But think about it, an adult orientated sub forum would save the family area from much of what has come to pass over the last few weeks.

And why can't one of us set up an adult website, why should we, when this place is meant to be all inclusive?

Don't get me wrong I am not totally against it,and even if I were it would make no difference as the majority rules and I have to say at this present time the majority are adults with ASD that are active users of this forum. My sons' will one day be adults with autism and I know there are things the will not come to ask me about and be curoius to know what is part of their ASD as opposed to just the usual growing up dilema's, so defo agree there is a need for it.

My only concern is how it would be monitored and again the only question(which has now been answered) was whether anyone has even attempted to create their own forum. I only asked as I would have thought a separate forum,with fewer rules, would be more beneficial and create more members, however I also note that its unfair for adult members to have to leave as a result of their topics being restricted.

How would it be monitored, monitored for what ? If you mean moderated, I guess they are going to have to work that one out, as to use the same rules as are being used in the family area will render an adult sub forum useless.

Moderating would be tight, almost air tight, i think it would be up to the admins to run it (imo)

*Edit* By tight i mean hardly any moderation.

Edited by A-S warrior

I think that a sub forum would be a good idea. There are obviously things people want to talk about but the current rules won't allow, or they don't feel comfortable knowing that all ages view this at the moment.

Would it not be a case of altering the permissions that a person's account had so that they could access that sub forum?

:party:

What I meant was how would you know the person was over 18? Like will there be a separate log in?

I guess it will have to be a plain old case of trust, people are what they say they are and if they are not and they get their fingers burned, then, it's their own fault.

But other websites I have used with such a facility, automatic access to such areas doesn't happen straight away, they only happen after a certain number of posts ( 100 ), where after such a point, they can apply to access the closed forum if they wish and that by pm'ing a moderator, who will then review their posting history to try and ascertain if they are genuine or not. In such areas which are not as busy as you might think, I have never really seen problematic behaviour, because those that use it police themselves as if the area became out of control, users know they will lose it.

Don't get me wrong I am not totally against it,and even if I were it would make no difference as the majority rules and I have to say at this present time the majority are adults with ASD that are active users of this forum. My sons' will one day be adults with autism and I know there are things the will not come to ask me about and be curoius to know what is part of their ASD as opposed to just the usual growing up dilema's, so defo agree there is a need for it.

My only concern is how it would be monitored and again the only question(which has now been answered) was whether anyone has even attempted to create their own forum. I only asked as I would have thought a separate forum,with fewer rules, would be more beneficial and create more members, however I also note that its unfair for adult members to have to leave as a result of their topics being restricted.

Yes i tried creating my own online forum, but it did not work out. Actualyl there is one going on right now, not made me though