Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

I have 2nd tablets to treat my emotional dysregulation of BPD

I have been diagnosed with emotional unstable personality disorder, i dont fit the full criteria for borderline personality disorder.

So at the beginning of Christmas I was struggling to get my new tablet Quetiapine being prescribed but the psychiatrist forced them to. I got a call yesterday saying they cannot prescribe them to me again and i was supposed to take them until my review in March this year with the psychiatrist. My mum found out that it is because its a controlled drug, well i spoke to the psychiatrist on the phone and she has changed it to 'Sulpiride' because apparently its not because its a controlled drug,its because of the budget cuts and Quetiapine is expensive. As Quetiapine was new in England according to my Psych she said thats why the surgery dont want to prescribe it. If its an old tablet thats been known that the price reduces so now I have to be on sulpiride and i could get even more drowsy apparently.

You see I don't get this, it seems clinicians can dish out disorders as if they were sweeties to all those deserving and there medicate based on theories to hopefully solve the problem when the underlying problem could be found if they look hard enough as not everything is caused by the mind as I have found for myself as I also have issues with emotion that can be embarrassing at times and that through personal research into that extra x I have, not medical papers but those the same as myself and what they experience which the medical community cannot measure and so don't believe exists so it must be a problem of the mind.

I wish not to take medications anymore because with me I seek the underlying reason, why something presents itself, why something is causing distress, but there is a controlled drug which could solve my issues but in this country I don't qualify for it so I must find another way as I know my issues are hormonal.

So I wonder, as I know autistic like issues are common to chromosomal differences, so could it be emotional issues are in fact hormonal and if they are hormonal then the problem is not in the mind and mind drugs are not the answer.

But clinicians can make a diagnosis, do they I wonder check such things as endocrine levels before they dish out the sweeties which might or might not work as medications have a nasty habit of causing other problems thus requiring more medications.

You see I don't get this, it seems clinicians can dish out disorders as if they were sweeties to all those deserving and there medicate based on theories to hopefully solve the problem when the underlying problem could be found if they look hard enough as not everything is caused by the mind as I have found for myself as I also have issues with emotion that can be embarrassing at times and that through personal research into that extra x I have, not medical papers but those the same as myself and what they experience which the medical community cannot measure and so don't believe exists so it must be a problem of the mind.

I wish not to take medications anymore because with me I seek the underlying reason, why something presents itself, why something is causing distress, but there is a controlled drug which could solve my issues but in this country I don't qualify for it so I must find another way as I know my issues are hormonal.

So I wonder, as I know autistic like issues are common to chromosomal differences, so could it be emotional issues are in fact hormonal and if they are hormonal then the problem is not in the mind and mind drugs are not the answer.

But clinicians can make a diagnosis, do they I wonder check such things as endocrine levels before they dish out the sweeties which might or might not work as medications have a nasty habit of causing other problems thus requiring more medications.

Actually quetiapine was keeps my mood stable I asked for tablet I did not want to be on manic high or a low and want to get out and do things again and this tablet really helped especially with my sleep

I think may need an assessment of some kind mental health either (bi-polar or BPD) but adult MHT now do an intial assessment of service before anything else is done! But don't think any other assessment by pyschiatrist is going to be made by what I've seen so far! Still waiting on report written up from intial screening process! Lol! But going to self -refer to MIND handing in my form tomorrow afternoon as know both senior managers though one is leaving another life in turkey! But will sort me out I'm sure of it before she goes so I'm supported 'properly!' Not just blanked off igorned completely or waiting for general support feedback from adult MHT because forget when do chase up don't know what to say or suggest next to be honest! Gr!

Yeah know what pyschiatric assessment is just so difficult/hard to actually get there request one for some reason these days don't know due to staff resources cut backs leads too?! Unsure but tried with doc referred me onto local adult mental team in which they then made an intial assessment of support/service which best suits me needs mental health wise and other! So confusing yet frustrating that's why I'm trying my luck with MIND hope they come up with "better" suggestions /ideas! I know I need see a pyschiatrist though as saw L.D nurse and social worker at intial assessment made asked me tons of questions which felt didn't make sense I think systems change dramatically due to funding lack of service resources etc!