Sign in to follow this  
Alex_a_scholar

Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator.

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™

Your Type

INFJ

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(62%) iNtuitive Feeling(25%) Judging(33%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)

You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)

You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Are you remembering you posted this already Alex? :D

Not yet - kids in bath at mo so after bedtime! They aren't on their own.... B)

Hmmm! Don't know what this means but I'm ISTJ - Strong Pref of Introversion over Extraversion, Slight pref of Sensing over Intuition, Moderate pref of Thinking over Feeling, Moderate pref of Judging over Perceiving.

You are the duty filler Lynda. Look at this page, really interesting.http://www.personali...e.com/ISTJ.html

That is spookily accurate actually...apart from me being quiet :P .

I am also interested in all these theories because I believe Autistic is too simplistic, it is a throw away term, a fit and forget when there could so much more to it, where personally I am researching the X chromosome because I have a chromosomal aneuploidy as well as a diagnosis of AS, but there are other theories to include foetal testosterone and the Y chromosome, of which I believe a simple diagnosis of autism negates. But then that is my interest through being an INTJ scientist, I question established ideas.

Not that I am a scientist in real life I was always been into engineering but I am fed up with grease and oil.

Yes, the qualitative diagnostic tools are simplistic; although it is important to diagnose people with 'something' nonetheless so they can access appropriate help.

Biologically speaking, your comments on chromosomes is interesting, I will look into it. I take a great interest in neuroscience, the abundance or lack of neurotransmitters, the abundance or lack of receptors and re-uptake pumps (not to get too technical) can explain allot concerning various cognitive, mental ailments/differences. For example schizophrenia has been speculated to be a result of an excess of dopamine in certain areas of the brain.

Robert Sapolsky's lectures on youtube may be of interest to you.

My friend is an INTJ scientist.

INFJ

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Feeling(50%) Judging(11%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)

You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)

You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

http://typelogic.com/infj.html

I wonder if there is any combination which could NOT fall under the umbrella of ASD? There are often such narrow 'definitions' of what IS an ASD and what ISN'T and I think a lot of the reason that ASD is missed is because of personality traits and not an absence of difficulties (or gifts) relating to the condition itself. I've read that it would be impossible to be both autistic and sociopathic or autistic and psychopathic. However, is something like the recent school shooting in the US down to mental health difficulties alone or is there more to it than that?

Edited by Lyndalou

I wonder if there is any combination which could NOT fall under the umbrella of ASD? There are often such narrow 'definitions' of what IS an ASD and what ISN'T and I think a lot of the reason that ASD is missed is because of personality traits and not an absence of difficulties (or gifts) relating to the condition itself. I've read that it would be impossible to be both autistic and sociopathic or autistic and psychopathic. However, is something like the recent school shooting in the US down to mental health difficulties alone or is there more to it than that?

How about this, autistic is just a new line of thinking to add to the already existing differentiations of which the subject of this thread is, but where the Myers Briggs seeks to include different thinking types autism seeks to exclude and treat and yes, the industry that has grown up around ASD does motivate diagnosis. To me the AS diagnosis was a tool to access and aid further understanding where I now understand the AS diagnosis I have could be an incorrect assessment through what I know of the chromosomal aneuploidy that I have which describes autistic like behaviour, where what it is, is not autism and I do know I differ from many AS individuals, which is what caused me to investigate further, I knew AS was not the whole truth of me and so I wonder about others given the AS label, which is why I bring up such subjects as chromosomal variations as for example Rett's syndrome erstwhile called the female autism is another chromosomal variation.

But looking elsewhere, it does seem INTJ does seem to feature AS like characteristics where social interaction is not a strong suite and the obsessive narrow beam focus is, but the question is, is this autism and so a disorder or is it really a difference of thinking that has a use to society that we are effectively removing from our future by calling what we are as nature/God intended something we don't want in our brave new world ?

Who ever said everyone had to be social animals or even derive pleasure from social interaction and let us remember history is littered with loners that have achieved and changed the course of humanity, do we wish to remove those people from our future by dumbing them down with what is in reality a useless diagnosis ?

Let us remember psychologists exist to promote their own discipline and let us also remember psychology was pseudoscience once as was psychiatry, that being these new professions really are that new and they do not know everything yet or indeed anything at all beyond their own theories.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

I've just completed the test and it came out that I am: ISFJ

Introvert(50%) Sensing(31%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)

Edited by JeanneA

Lucky girl. If I was a J, I would get much more work done. I am guessing, considering you don't have significant mental ailments, that you are ambitious, hard-working and you feel a need for closure which helps you to complete tasks and goals to a high standard.

Is this true for you also Skimrande?

Myers Briggs was developed in the 1940s without any knowledge of ASD. It has not been updated to take into account developments in psychology since then. There has never been any large scale Myers Briggs tests carried out on people with ASD so it is not known which personality types are the most and least common. Myers Briggs also cannot be used to determine whether a person is NT or ASD.

The importance of Myers Briggs nowadays is that it is commonly used in job interviews which is not the original purpose of the test. It was originally intended to be used by professional psychologists and its use in job interviews by managers and HR types with only a superficial knowledge of psychology could be misuse of a tool.

Interesting....I came out as INFJ at 44%......50%......12%........22% ...........not really sure what I have learned from it though, except it seems a bit different to some others here.

ESFPExtravert(11%) Sensing(38%) Feeling(75%) Perceiving(22)%You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (75%)You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Lucky girl. If I was a J, I would get much more work done. I am guessing, considering you don't have significant mental ailments, that you are ambitious, hard-working and you feel a need for closure which helps you to complete tasks and goals to a high standard.

Ambitious and hard-working? Mmm - it depends. However, I do always feel a need for closure and, as you say, that helps me to complete tasks and goals to a high standard.

Myers Briggs is used in job interviews, and for this reason I would argue it becomes even more relevant. Business' don't waste money. If they see the Myers Briggs as a potential profit enhancer, then I see this as a good indicator of it's usefulness.

Business leaders are prone to the follow the pack mentality where they do things just because their competitors are doing it or because of articles written in HR magazines, and rarely do they look at things from first principles in order to obtain a true understanding of them. Myers Briggs was not originally designed for job interviews which I why I mentioned the misuse of a tool. A similar analogy could be using an ECG machine in a job interview handled by a manager or HR type who has had no training in cardiology.

Yes, I appreciate what you are saying, but I assume the HR teams consult psychologists on how to perform the tests. Blindly administering a test without professional guidance would be silly; no HR team would dream of doing that.

I just did this test but not really sure what the results mean... i got

I

ntrovert(44%)

S

ensing(1%)

T

hinking(1%)

P

erceiving(44)%

I hope these results dont mean im really stupid or something :/ i didnt read what it was about i just did the test so no idea

It's not an IQ test Noskcaj86 - it's a personality indicator test :) .

Nope my results make no sense to me, they are to similar 1% and 1% then 49% and 49%... oh well! Maybe i should re do the test to get different results lol