Sakaratte

Hey there

Hi there,

Introductions aren't really a forte of mine, so apologies in advance.

I'm 25 and live in Nottingham. I was first diagnosed with Aspergers as a teenager, but was told that there was no real support that could be given to me because of my age.

My asprgers syndrome is mild and not always obvious to people to meet me. Usually it only really becomes apparent in large social group situations. I have problems with meeting other people and having the confidence to start a conversation. I feel quite isolated and fed up.

I take things going wrong very much to heart. I've had a few experiences with friendships and relationships that have been very difficult to handle. Its reached a point where when things start to go wrong I see a worse case scenario and panic. It makes me very difficult to handle at times. I work full time, currently I'm on reduced hours due to a break down for the above reason.

My main interests are music and gaming. I rarely go out because I don't have anyone to go with.

I came here because I want to meet new people, make friends and hopefully make a life where I can get over my social anxieties and have a 'normal' social life.

God that seems like a depressing rant instead of an introduction. Anyway hi!

Hi there, a big welcome to this forum. I'm sure you will make friends on here, we are a very likeable bunch :=) I'm sure lots of other members in a similar position to you will enjoy getting to know you as their friend. Look forward to hearing more from you :balloon:

Hello and welcome ive heard there are some good services from the NAS in your area. i think theirs a social group up your way as well.