Sign in to follow this  
Lyndalou

Last straws

Does anyone else tend to put up with things until it's the final straw and they just can't take any more?

I thought I was getting better at recognising when I'm getting to this point and maybe I am but I still think I can deal with it until WHAM, that's it and it's the end.

I've just 'unfriended' myself off a bunch of groups on Facebook. I don't feel like I'm part of them any more so I don't see the point of being in them. The 'final straw' came this morning when someone I'm having trouble being around because they have not acknowledged at all any of the work I did over a number of months for a new activities group towards the end of last year (even though it benefitted her) has this morning taken credit for some of that work and has people praising her for it. I had this work completed and good to go weeks ago. I'm feeling betrayed and gagged - anything I say just sounds petty and silly because we were all 'in it together'. She took no interest when I was making myself ill trying to get all the work done that no-one else was taking any responsibility for and she was always too 'busy' not to inform us when she couldn't turn up for meetings or couldn't take any part in organising anything that needed organising. She never said whether or not her children would take part in activities and never made any comment about them. I even had an email contact passed to me because she was too busy to write a short response and then she went away for the weekend to shop.

I decided to resign my position because of the stress involved in doing at least half of the work involved in administrating and setting up the group and since then she has said that she doesn't care that I made that decison but has made subtle little comments and asides that have me very uncomfortable. I voiced an alternative opinion pertaining to a medication on a Facebook group she was on and since then she has made comments alluding to the fact I am 'wrong' in my opinion and other people have asked questions about the subject which implies it has been discussed between them.

She has said she is concerned about me and cares about me which has left me confused and stopped me confronting her (not that I'm very good at confrontation anyway). However, I now think it's all just a manipulation and has been designed to make me keep my mouth shut.

I don't really expect a response as such. I'm just upset. On the Myers Briggs test on another thread I came out as the Duty Filler. I think that personality type should be renamed 'Mug' and be done with it :crying: .

Hi Lynda, I don't blame you resigning your position I would have done the same. Please don't let it get to you, you don't need friends like that. You are doing a fantastic job on here as a moderator, and have lots of friends, including me I hope :=)

Thanks Jeanne. Your words are appreciated and thanks for your friendship. Feeling a bit raw and I've likely cut my nose off to spite my face but I felt it was the best thing to do. I'm very good at burning bridges - I've got a nice trail behind me now...!! :george:

Edited by Lyndalou