phantom sneeze

Scared about my social security benefits shopping.

Innit man! I've got this uncompromising feeling of dread every time one thinks of this dreaded benefit change over and how I might lose my money, innit. Been on benefits a long time and not really accomplished anything in the ten years I've been claiming so my CV has next to nowt in it so benefits are my only life line and I can't lose them. Have you had to flight for you ESA/DLA?

It is a foregone conclusion no one will survive this onslaught where my problem is not having worked for five years since redundancy my CV which was impressive means nothing now, all my past achievements may as well have not happened, twenty four years of employment down the pan as now I am just work shy scrounging scum for being on benefits.

But what many fail to grasp regarding the loss of benefits, what it actually means to many people who do not have the safety net of family to fall back on where there are no jobs to take is what amounts to starvation and death, because without benefits there is nothing else, well there is and that is a life of crime to ensure survival in this cesspit of a country if one has the will to survive left in them which is rare if one is on benefits, because the benefits lifestyle actually destroys confidence and robs self esteem. I will not give you the facts and figures of what this current vendetta is doing to the benefit scrounger because if I do this post will be moderated because people don't like to hear the truth and that is why the plight of those subject to this government inspired evil goes unnoticed in twenty first century first world Britain, because it's not in the media therefore it doesn't exist. But if you care to find out for yourself you can find all of what I would normally put here on the DWP website itself.

But to answer your question, if you have to fight, get yourself down to your local MIND office and they will fight for you because they are on our side.

I will not give you the facts and figures of what this current vendetta is doing to the benefit scrounger because if I do this post will be moderated because people don't like to hear the truth and that is why the plight of those subject to this government inspired evil goes unnoticed in twenty first century first world Britain, because it's not in the media therefore it doesn't exist.

I think it would be fair comment to say that everyone who uses this site and who lives in the UK is affected every day by the decisions made by those who represent us. It is very helpful to have honest discussion taking everyone's viewpoint into account.

I think it would be fair comment to say that everyone who uses this site and who lives in the UK is affected every day by the decisions made by those who represent us. It is very helpful to have honest discussion taking everyone's viewpoint into account.

What does that mean ? You want me to divulge what I know, if in which case follow my signature as it is something I act to raise the awareness of because it is happening and the media is largely ignoring or ridiculing with some exceptions.

It means exactly what I said which is that everyone who lives in this country is subject to the decisions made by whichever Government is in power at any given time. I for one feel that it is up to us to challenge what we feel is unjust or unlawful. We see injustice daily at both local and national level. I try to keep abreast of what is happening locally and nationally (and yes, most of how I find this out is through the usual media outlets but I have 2 children and a house to look after so I don't trawl the web in order to find this information because I just don't have the time) in order to make informed choices about what I think is 'right' and what is 'wrong'.

A few years ago, due to the incompetent administration of council funds our local council (where I lived at the time) started cutting services across the board, targeting the most vulnerable including the mentally ill, those with physical disabilities and homeless people first of all. Everything was squeezed and this downward spiral has continued as resources become ever more stretched. What was obvious to me as someone who worked within the voluntary sector when all this began was that there appeared to be some arrogant belief amongst councillors that this sector would not be able to stick up for themselves and would take these cuts lying down but they haven't and there has been a lot of opposition to the cuts. Community centres have closed down, public areas have the barest of maintenance and now schools are on the hit list with 'efficiency' being cited as the reason for combining schools.

I simply see what is happening now as a national expression of this local problem; the Government are just as incompetent and corrupt as government. They are just as short-sighted and just as unprincipled and the only difference is that their decisions affect the entire country.

How many people on this forum do you think believe the Government are making the best decisions for everyone right now?

Coming back to the OP's question....can anyone comment on DLA/ESA?

The problem is...WE vote for the government...then they renenge on their word...

We vote for what is presented because we have been trained to vote as it is our one and only say in what rules us in this representational democracy which is barely a democracy itself. But what is presented is the problem, which is party politics where what a party supports is not those fool enough to vote for them, what a party supports and promotes is paid up party members interests, that is, you don't pay for a party they do not represent you.

What is happening is policy not necessity, this evil that is being meted out is on the same targets this ruling party aways attacks and we know that from history yet we never seem to remember come election time, but we always fall for the same old ploy; tell them what they want to hear, get the power and we can do what we want.

The last government engaged ATOS and created the ESA system, the present government is applying the last government's policies with increased vigor therefore that demonstrates adequately to me neither of the three main parties will ever receive my vote again for there is nothing like experience to teach one the error of their ways.

Coming back to the OP's question....can anyone comment on DLA/ESA?

Well there is the CAB but they are over subscribed in these dire times, but other than that there is only MIND of which I have already stated. But a clue to finding anything else which might be useful is where they derive their funding from, where both MIND and the CAB are charities, as anything government funded will not be useful as the government will not support what opposes them.