stuffed

About to be made homeless

Isn't their any supported living placements locally you might be entitled to move into too? You know that works wonders for benefit applications as it shows you need some support around daily living.

Have you actually failed the work capacity assessment?

No I have an ATOS letter stating appointment cancelled as they have enough info-incapacitated and housebound I called ATOS out and they fairly capitulated.

Dwp tell MP they have had zero contact with me, unfortunately the MP has seen letter's that prove they are lying.

So dwp left it 3 months and hoping most would bin letters as done with stitched me up.

Problem is I kept letters that prove they are liars.

Isn't their any supported living placements locally you might be entitled to move into too? You know that works wonders for benefit applications as it shows you need some support around daily living.

Trust me I have asked and whatever dwp have done it isn't resolvable locally

That if possible they will keep me in my home and retaliate by increasing rent to make up arrears if housing benefit reinstated.

How long they can hold that position I do not know-I have thanked them for their understanding

Edited by stuffed

What about going to the newspapers with your story?

From what I can understand this all stems from the person you spoke to on the phone, who has incorrectly put on file that you refused to attend an interview/assessment.

You have the tape recording of what you said.

No news from your MP yet? Who is your MP?

Edited by trekster

I did have a copy of ATOS call, not sure if I still have it- I do definitely have atos letter stating they do not need me to attend and canceling the appointment.

My MP has been trying as I have had contact from her assistant, I'm not keen to posty MP on this thread, but if a mod wants to pm me I can tell them so I prove my situation is real.

MP assistant left message early this evening that dwp acknowledged receipt of documentation and if no resolution in a couple of days then will chase them up, the stress of this has made condition worse and I expect that I'll be back to doctor's again for more medication.

I don't think not eating regularly has helped much either -I'm still considering taking the bank for a loan and then debt relief order if this isn't sorted soon.

Been eating rice and drinking tea as coffee ran out.

Generally miserable and banging headache for days, tried to sleep as much as possible to avoid time getting more and more peeved off with it all

Possibly some good news,

I have had a message from MP Assistant that DWP have more or less admitted they are bang out of order and are looking to reinstate my money. A note has been put on my account that they are to minimise any distress when it changes over to new system.

MP and Assistant is looking to get my housing benefit back on as well and hopefully my money back dated-lets hope.

I have to say until it is all sorted that this has been the worst 2 months of my life, the cold callousness of DWP is unbelievable and I genuinely have been frightened at the lack of support in reality when DWP pull the plug.

I feel in worse health caused by my ongoing condition, stress and combination of missing meals.

Hopefully my situation will resolve it'self and I don't know how, but I would like it highlighted and hopefully nobody else will suffer DWP NAZI VALUES

Edited by trekster

This sounds positive. Let us know when it gets sorted. But people should not need to get their MP involved to sort these things out.

Consider lodging a complaint with whichever ombudsman is relevent.

And also consider seeing if you can get your story into the newspaper if you want others to read about your experience.

This sounds positive. Let us know when it gets sorted. But people should not need to get their MP involved to sort these things out.

Consider lodging a complaint with whichever ombudsman is relevent.

And also consider seeing if you can get your story into the newspaper if you want others to read about your experience.

I have emailed the chap you suggested and I hope my MP will press DWP and highlight maybe with the Health and Parliamentary Ombudsman hold DWP more accountable.

I honestly think prison couldn't have been worse, than missing meals and stress.

Edited by stuffed

When (I say when not if because this sounds very positive) you get this situation resolved, is there any way you could receive some kind of compensation for what you have had to go through? If they are admitting your case has been dealt with completely incorrectly and they have caused you a huge amount of stress, affecting your health in general would this not be similar to being in an accident that isn't your fault? I'm normally not an advocate of 'compensation culture' but if what is happening to you is happening to many other people then the Government need to take responsibility for their mistakes.

When (I say when not if because this sounds very positive) you get this situation resolved, is there any way you could receive some kind of compensation for what you have had to go through? If they are admitting your case has been dealt with completely incorrectly and they have caused you a huge amount of stress, affecting your health in general would this not be similar to being in an accident that isn't your fault? I'm normally not an advocate of 'compensation culture' but if what is happening to you is happening to many other people then the Government need to take responsibility for their mistakes.

Interesting idea and I guess would need the MP assistance to pursue, I'm not sure that a county Court would have enough power to make a scratch on DWP.

What I really want is a landmark case that forces dwp to accept experts opinion over their own staff as it stands one bureaucrat can overrule Phychiatric Nurse/GP and even Hospital Consultant.

As I have found out personally and there was a guy in a guardian video, in some area's there is no safety net-no third sector or charity will take up the disaster as you free fall.

If I hadn't an understanding landlord I would have lost my home and possessions as nowhere to store them, I've had to beg off family and friends and still go short.

I've had to sell processions as no other choice to buy a few basics.

I have been penalized both in mental health, missed meals that have made me physically worse and currently maximum prescribed dose isn't working- the next drug is morphine which I really don't want to be on.

Would this be a European Court Of Human Rights case as I know someone less resilient would kill themselves as I found the whole situation thoroughly depressing.

That is what I want to try and highlight and you say you think I should be compensated for-how do you put a price on

• missed meals
  • stress fear of eviction and losing processions
  • travel costs and time spent trying to sort out an impossible situation
  • having to sell processions
  • forced to take actions you wouldn't normally do such as stealing etc
  • embarrassment of telling people the situation- only to be told repeatedly that they can't do anything.
  • Treated like a non person and worse than a criminal
Edited by stuffed

In theory you could sue the DWP. If they have been negligent (and it certainly sounds as if they have) then technically they should be liable for compensation.

However in practice it is difficult for someone in your situation, no one is going to help you

This the contact details for the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman. You would need your GP to forward your complaint to them. Which I presume they would be happy to do, as they have helped you out with this case.

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint/how-to-complain/what-can-we-help-with

Edited by Sally44

GOOD NEWS

DWP are vindictive liars and stupid enough to do it to MP assistant, they promised to resolve the situation on the 11th and after further chasing up they have finally paid some money into my account.

They have also finally accepted that I am both diagnosed with aspergers and also under a hospital consultant.

Supposedly my DLA, incapacity benefit are being paid and they are sorting income support and housing benefit.

I doubt I will get an apology as they now are trying to claim administration error.

As you can guess having to steal, beg, stress and miss meals-doesn't matter to DWP.

So there you have it-if I have any further news I will update thread.

Thanks to those who listened and offered advice-it kept me sane.

I hope this is it finally sorted for you.

Out of all the things you tried, contacting your MP was the one that worked.

Incase you are asked to attend an interview in the future, I suggest you find out how you could get a home visit if needed. Or to have someone with you if you attend at one of their offices.

If you want to lodge a complaint you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

I hope this is it finally sorted for you.

Out of all the things you tried, contacting your MP was the one that worked.

Incase you are asked to attend an interview in the future, I suggest you find out how you could get a home visit if needed. Or to have someone with you if you attend at one of their offices.

If you want to lodge a complaint you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

MP has fixed it so that I have a marker on dwp account-I'm glad the landlord was patient and unless I get a full apology from dwp and some sort of compensation-I will contact health and parliamentary ombudsman.

Without the mp I would have been on the street.

Spoken to citizens advice and they will help me with complaint now mp has sorted my situation they believe that DWP should pay compensation for stress, missed meals,further ill health and fact I had to sell some pocessions to buy food. I also want them to appologise to landlord-without their understanding-I would have been homeless.

Keep you updated on how I get on

As you may well be asked to go for another interview some time in the future. What is your plan on how you will handle it. Will someone from SS go with you? Will you need a home visit? Try to think it through and have a plan before it happens.

As you may well be asked to go for another interview some time in the future. What is your plan on how you will handle it. Will someone from SS go with you? Will you need a home visit? Try to think it through and have a plan before it happens.

keyworker and Direct payments carer who also works for NAS and was disgusted by their in action won't take me without full risk assessment.

Told carer told dwp straight he would video them, any more greif from the dwp or atos and I will go back to MP. Dwp have nhs notes dating back to 1989 to 2012-what more could they possibly need. Doctor states I'm unemployable so unless they can cure me-hopefully I will be left alone.