Sign in to follow this  
jollypig

139a advice

we have [after a lot of pushing] recieved a copy of my daughters 139a form as i understand it , it should contain all the relevant information about her issues , the only info it has is about her epilepsy theres nothing about the dyspraxia or autism !

Am i right in thinking this should have been included

Then yes it should detail all her needs, otherwise they won't be known and won't be supported. It should include those in the Statement, and any further needs that have been identified.

What needs are detailed in the Statement?

So, if it were my son I would detail all his diagnoses: ASD, Dyspraxia, Severe Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Anxiety Disorder, OCD, Severe/Profound Speech Disorder etc. Then I would also detail the difficulties such as "poor short term and working memory" "difficulties with organisation and time management" "difficulties with social interaction and emotional literacy" as those are often not termed as 'diagnoses', but are still SEN.

Can you also detail the type and level of support they may need?

Edited by Sally44

Thats what i thought , she needs fulltime support as well as the epilepsy she is autistic, dyspraxic and has reflux disease, she has short term memory issues and gets confused really easily yet all school have mentioned is the epilepsy!

Her statment details epilepsy and dyspraxia but at that time she was going through the process at CAMHS although her statment doesnt include autism there i reference to her autistic traits and the fact she was going through the process.

Edited by jollypig

all conditons have been diagnosed, it turns out the incompetant head at school said it was complete when it wasnt !

i have now at least got their attention and its in the works but considering this was going to be done last november and she leaves school in july im so not impressed !

Ive phoned but ive also spoken to the LEA 16+ person who has emailed school and told them she wants to be informed when its complete so her and i can go through it.

Then I still think it would be useful to send in a letter to school where YOU detail all her diagnoses and difficulties and ask that they are included. If it is on paper no-one can deny not having known, or not being told, or misinterpreting what was said or agreed. And keep a copy at home for your file.