Special_talent123

FACS- Social Services Eligibility

I am worried, In my area my FACS needs has been assessed as being moderate which meant they took away my social worker and direct payments from me, but when im moving away im concerned because i just checked out and it says FACS only caters for substantial/critical which worries me as been assessed as moderate twice but mental health comes out substantial. My main concern is my support.

When i move I will need support around cooking, support using transport so i dont lost support to budget. Basically i need support and im worried they assess me moderate again i wont have assess to it and then im stuck. Im shaky really shaky

I just spoken to my nurse they sort something out. I think she said she going to speak with OT to help find out what i can use instead of gas hob?

Edited by trekster

You can get tabletop electric ovens which have grill functionality and a couple of hobs on top. I know it's still dangerous, but not as much as gas I guess. I was thinking of getting one as a temporary measure because I'm short on space, but I guess it's something you could look into?

Like this: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/russell-hobbs-13824-10-electric-mini-cooker-white-01565975-pdt.html

And of course, you can set reminders on your phone to remind you to turn the hobs off etc.

Phone reminders only work if you react to them and cant tell you when something you're frying is burning.

Phone reminders only work if you react to them and cant tell you when something you're frying is burning.

No I know, but I said to remind you to turn the hobs off. That's something I forget a lot! :D Setting reminders for that can be useful. But in terms of not burning something, if you know you are prone to forgetting about it and ending up burning it, then it's best to stay with it. I have to do that usually; it means a lot of waiting around in the kitchen sometimes, but so long as it doesn't get burnt, I'm okay with it :D

I guess areas vary considerably but if you can't do a meal at all, you would be at substantial risk! there are other options, for example, floating support if it's considered your needs are of a lower level. They would help with budgeting and getting out. For meals you can buy hot meals delivery or frozen meals to microwave that are balanced without needing a social worker?

Right although my nurse rang saying she cant see me today she rang and told me where i can get the small tabletop electric hobs but im waiting confirmination from negiotator if im allowed because of my dyspraxia?

I guess areas vary considerably but if you can't do a meal at all, you would be at substantial risk! there are other options, for example, floating support if it's considered your needs are of a lower level. They would help with budgeting and getting out. For meals you can buy hot meals delivery or frozen meals to microwave that are balanced without needing a social worker?

Thats a bit difficult. I cant have what u just said. I am gluten and lactose intolerance. I sometimes eat those foods when im emotional and make me poorly. But I can cook but its safer for me to use a electric hob than a gas hob. I can cooked. I got special clothes to help me cook. I suppose if i want steak i cook cook in the grill instead. But veg would not be an option. I am accident prone and mum doesnt trust me with gas.