Sign in to follow this  
susiemumof3

10 year old fainted in class

Hi all,

My son fainted in class today while they were learning about the story of Easter and the crucifixion. The school say he was standing for quite a while and the gp concurs that this was the likely cause. however, J keeps insisting that it was caused by anxiety over the topic. He is now worried that they will continue the teaching tomorrow at school and he is really scared it will happen again.

firstly, does anyone have experience of this happening?

And secondly, should I insist he not be present for any religious discussions at risk of appearing neurotic and overbearing once again.

btw, we do not have a diagnosis for J but pretty sure he is on the spectrum to a degree. still going through all the appointments and assessments currently.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

x

Standing still staring at a screen or at a specific place? When I'm having to stand doing something at work, I make sure I take the time to turn around, change position etc, and if i'm there for half an hour, have five minute walk break somewhere else.

i believe he was standing at the front of the class holding a board, so not staring at a screen. It's proving pretty difficult to get info from him as just talking about it apparently makes him feel ill again!

Oh that can be a hard thing to do. You know those people that actually dress up as statues in towns and stand still then suddenly move to entertain people in return for money? You need to be really fit to do that and if you're not, then that can make you faint.