Isobel

Anyone do this?

If I've started to say something and I'm interrupted suddenly, I completely forget what I've said and have to think of something new to say.

I think this has nothing to do with age as I'm only 28 and this has been happening for a good few years now. I think people can be forgetful at any age but I just wondered if it was an AS trait? I have got into the habit of writing down a list of my tasks at work now so I don't forget them.

I have dyspraxia which comes with 'bad' memory (short - term working) drives me mad crazy constantly forgetting all time trying 'hold' information in my head before loose data! Can't imagine what going to be like when I'm elderly! Going need name badge remind me of my name! Lol ;) X

Yes but I thought it was more a dyslexic trait personally.

All the Time! I did it yesterday.

Same here too!

I think it's more of a Dyslexic trait than an Aspie trait (as trekster mentioned above) - difficulties with the STM...etc

However, although I do loose track of what I'm saying 70% of the time when I'm interrupted, the other 30% of the time (when I haven't forgotten what I was talking about completely), I have to start from the beginning of what I'm saying (effectively saying the same thing again in the exact same order to regain/maintain my flow - or else I feel that what I'm saying doesn't make any sense).

This I believe is more of an Aspie trait - correct me if I'm wrong (I'm new to this).

I'm not officially diagnosed with dyspraxia or dyslexic although I do have occasional clumsiness. Psychologist just thought I had aspergers basically.

If I get interrupted, I often start off again from the point I was interrupted. I try not to make it obvious if I can, depending on the situation. I might add something in before I go back to the original topic of conversation. There are times when I totally lose track of what I was saying altogether though. It is similar to when I go upstairs and when I get there I can't remember my reasons for going up the stairs. Is this connected to dyscalculia then?

I also tend to change the subject back to my topic if interrupted. if the subject keeps going back to theirs I then ask why but feel im not getting an honest answer.

...yep this happens to me.

I think it might have to do with sensory input and processing. For example I am concentrating on juggling thoughts and reasoning, then the person I am talking to says something and their vocal input puts a spanner in the works. It is maybe a bit like throwing a juggler an extra club when he is already juggling as many clubs as he can handle.