Titan

Hello Everyone

I'm new to the site, I'm undergoing a test for Aspergers I'm currently on the waiting list but they tell me it could be up to three more months to the evaluation. I'm 46 and have suffered with many problems throughout my life and it appears this syndrome has been missed by my doctors over the years. I'm on the sick at the moment but hoping to return to work soon. I'm looking to get to know a bit more about Aspergers and make some new friends here as well. Look forward to getting to know you all.

Hi Titan

Welcome to the forum. I'm 40 and self diagnosed. Unfortunately, I haven't as yet got (and may never get) a formal diagnosis.

Although everyone with an ASD is different, there are also a lot of things we have in common. It can be very helpful to find out what you can about the condition in order to understand your own difficulties and past experiences better as well as recognising your strengths and skills! I personally found Tony Attwood's 'The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome' a good 'starter' book to read.

Lynda :)

Hi Titan

Welcome to the forum. I'm 40 and self diagnosed. Unfortunately, I haven't as yet got (and may never get) a formal diagnosis.

Although everyone with an ASD is different, there are also a lot of things we have in common. It can be very helpful to find out what you can about the condition in order to understand your own difficulties and past experiences better as well as recognising your strengths and skills! I personally found Tony Attwood's 'The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome' a good 'starter' book to read.

Lynda :)

Thanks for the advice there will have a look at the author and have a look at the book it sounds a good place to begin. I don't think there is a lot of help for people even after a diagnosis but I feel that to know for sure will be of great help for me. Some people don't need to know I mean I know I have it but there's part of me needs that confirmation for peace but everyone's different.

hello and welcome

apart from the 1st section of the book I think it's an excellent choice of read.

Hi

I haven't read all of The Complete Guide to Aspergers Syndrome but I do keep dipping into it from time to time. I try and read a particular section at a time if its relevant to something that has happened. Its quite a lengthy book but a very good read all the same. I'd definitely recommend it