smileyK

staff meeting @ work -BAD NEWS! ;(

Had a meeting @ work yesterday all 15 staff there including office ladies and cleaner we was told by school headmaster - TOP BOSS (boss of my boss) and he broke bad news that because school becoming an academy the governors have reached FINAL decision that best choice is nursery to close and for nursery building to become part of new academy lay out! As to say WE are ALL gutted shocked by the news -blown away in fact! Deverstated upset depressed as had DREAM JOB felt lucky and grateful have a job setting and a team where understand /support "my needs" so today got to job hunt round nursery did my work experience today and did some volunteering (but ended up walking out due to poor Mental Health state at the time) been told nursery closing end of june just before I go on holiday with my family (parents,twin brother and 8 year old neice) to Turkey for 3 weeks! Going to involve so much anxiety -change (interviews ,adjusting to new setting etc) list endless! Don't know where to begin! Photocopying my CV today to take round everywhere and anywhere I'm heartbroken fingers crossed ill be able to 'slot in' somewhere else rather soon I'm so scared! ;(

No they haven't offered anything! :( filled application form for nursery more concievent near by to where I live only like ten minute stroll! Did tell manager looking for part time work she said she doing interviews next week start for several job roles! All upheaval for trying get settled comfy with environment and colleagues! Feel ripped apart! Still can't work it out get my head round it so confused!

Hi smiley, so sorry to hear your news I really do feel for you. I hope you get something else soon. Hopefully you will hear back from the nursery close to where you live, fingers crossed.

If you are being made redundant you should be eligible for redundancy pay if you have been there longer than a year, they should also be giving you all alternatives to redundancy within the school or being transferred to another schools nursery.

Speak to hr about it.

I got to ask the office today for my starting date (officially) as did volunteering months before I was taken on the pay roll office lady said I assume started in 2009 -that I'd come away with 'small amount' of redunancy payment! H.R having a meeting with top boss on monday or tuesday next week to discuss every staff members individual payments of where we stand! Its all so messed up and confused but hopefully it will work out for the best -fingers

Got a phone call from nursery near by my home today to say she (manager) wants to have interview with me on wednesday morning @ 10am !!! Woo woo! One step closer/forward just trying to not raise my hopes too high now!

Edited by trekster

Are you a member of a trade union?