Andyqld

From Australia to Hampshire Looking for Schools

Hello Everyone

We are new to the forum and already reading some great information that will help us when we return to the UK from Australia (to Hampshire) after many years in Oz.

Our son (11yrs old) is currently in a mainstream school and with some periodic support from as special education teacher. I am aware that we will have to jump a few hurdles to get the support however I am keen to receive and comments or feedback from parents who have had positive results from schools in Hamshire.

We can locate ourselves almost anywhere between Lymington, Ringwood, Southampton, Romsey or within reason anywhere in the Hampshire if we can find the right school.

We would love to hear from and really appreciate feedback from anyone with school experience in the Hampshire.

Many thanks for a great forum,

Andy

Hello Sharon,

Many thanks for the reply, I will follow up.

Thanks again, much appreciated

Andy

Hi Andy.

I live near Hampshire and I have worked in many schools around the area. I was training to be a teacher. I also have aspergers. If you want some comments about any school please PM me. I am sure you understand, but I'm not prepared to mention any particular school by name on the open forum. I don't want to knock any chances of future jobs.

Hello and thanks so much for your reply.

I will PM you and very much appreciate your assistance.

Thanks again

Andy

As a parent of two children with autism in Hampshire, I would suggest locating just outside Hampshire in another LEA!!! Unless you like hurdle marathons...

mousy

As a parent of two children with autism in Hampshire, I would suggest locating just outside Hampshire in another LEA!!! Unless you like hurdle marathons...

mousy

Isn't that a case of "The grass is always greener"?

Name me an LEA that is good with ASD and I'll more there in a shot :)

But to answer the original poster, it is very hard to give any opinion at all without knowing more about the sort of school they are looking for. Is it an ASD-friendly mainstream, or a full on Autism school