Sign in to follow this  
smileyK

sorry haven't been on here for bit ,while!

so sorry haven't been on here for bit,while... seems like forever seems like missed loads hope i haven't anyways hope can manage to catch up or be given a catch up anyway! been real mad ,crazily rushing around rying work out ,settle in adjusting to new job three weeks in tomorrow goes so quick/fast been given lot of over -time already! gone from dping 5 hours a week at old work place to now fifteen hours so bit of jump/difference! but getting there slowly! wondering what's happening to me where am i! scary if think about it for too long so try not too!

so far so good senior manager trying to keep as consistent as possibility can do for me so don't have swap rooms alot as she fully aware of my ASD needs ( as old boss mentioned autism lots of my reference she wrote me that need to be understanding /supportive of my needs within work place which thought was thoughtful ,nice statement to make! so was pleased i was upfront about my needs in first place on application form /interview

still got 13 week induction period yet i'm in! but think doing 'well' so far and hope making 'grand/good impression' so worn out /drained with amount of over-time though not used to it mentally zaps me always have an early night now! but main thing is so far enjoy 'new challenge' everyday bringing to me! and that managing to face/deal with it head on though may not find easy and maybe stressful/anxious

so looking forward to and in desperate need of my holiday next month (end of july) with parents,twin brother & neice for 3 weeks to Turkey as worked so hard this year stepped out of one job straight into another! feel like ain't had real chance to step back look around and take in what has happened! been like mad dash whirlwind! can't wait to chill,relax ,unwind ....!!!

XKLX

No need to apologise, smileyK. Nice to hear from you, at all :D I can fully understand how stressful things may have been for you lately. I'm now approaching the end of the 2-year programme of my Foundation Degree (FdA) in Travel & Tourism Management. Even now, I still can't see a light at the end of the tunnel and the work load often plays havoc with my social life. There's a programme I'm undergoing with a local service of mine called 'Autism Success Formula', which has already proved successful for quite a lot of people, considering it's a relatively new scheme. The man who runs the scheme is a former headteacher of autistic children. My mum has known him for years - she met him through her own career as a headteacher. You can reach the organisation at "www.autismsuccessformula.co.uk" and they might know of a similar scheme in your home community that could be of help to your career. After all, you sound as though you are doing very well with your career development, you should be very proud of yourself and I'm very proud of you. Your forthcoming holiday in sunny Turkey will be a good opportunity for you to relax, refresh and recharge your batteries for your future :D I hope you and your family enjoy yourselves there.

Don't forget: whatever happens, you've always got me here for you, and you can contact me about whatever you like whenever you like with a private message.

All the best,

Gareth :D