Sign in to follow this  
LISAA

wheat/milk free travel

Hi

Was wondering if anyone can help. My son is on wheat free and milk free diet and has a restricted diet of free from products from Tesco. I am concerned that we want to go abroad by plane this year. Can anyone tell me if i can take frozen products on a flight ie chicken nuggets, sausages etc by cool box packed with ice etc.

Is anyone else affected by this problem, as he doesn't and won't eat anything else.

Thanks

Lisa B)

Can anyone tell me if i can take frozen products on a flight ie chicken nuggets, sausages etc by cool box packed with ice etc.

Hi Lisa... As Bob Mortimer's estate agent would say, "I don't know"...

I would suggest, though, that you try phoning ahead to ask the airline and get the NAME of the person who you speak to if they give you the OK... You're much more likely to get a sympathetic ear if they know the full circumstances in advance, 'cos anything else may be interpreted by some jobsworth on the desk as a 'challenge' to their authority... if you're up against company policy, you'll be in with a good chance. If it's 'international regulations' you'll be b****red...

I'd guess the destination may be a factor too - anywhere in the EU and you've got 'free trade' 'n' all that on your side - and lets face it i've never heard that you can't take chicken nuggets on the CC ferry, have you?

Very very best with it - and if push comes to shove you might find some GF/DF Calamari or some such in the local supermarket (here's that sick squid i owe you!)

L&P

BD :D

I am also on a gluten/casein free diet, having been diagnosed with an intolerance to both, particularly gluten. I used to take soya products as a substitute for dairy stuff, but I stopped consuming them upon learning of a brain damage / cancer risk allegedly associated with soya. I hope I am wrong about this.