Sign in to follow this  
lynyona

i blame myself is it my fault

My son Kieran who is 27 is on the spectrum. His younger brother 24 doesn't cope very well with things in life he is NT. depression self worth issues relationships fall apart for no apparent reason. Looking back I always felt that because Kieran took so much of my time up when he was younger he missed out on what should have been his childhood time because Kieran always came first even today he does t is how it as to be unfortunately I try to divide my time to all my sons but they are all adults now and shouldn't need as much time as they have their own lives and are old enough to make their own decisions in their lives and make their own mistakes .My friend thinks I am being to hard on myself but I cant help wondering . So my youngest is on medication and been to see open minds for cognitive one to one therapy which he knows makes sense but cant put it into practice which makes me sad as nothing helps when all I want to do is scream get a grip. I am being a bit harsh here ..sorry for ranting I cant get over the feeling I am to blame