Sign in to follow this  
RYOUNG78

Advice needed

I am meeting up with a female friend I have known since secondary school for lunch later in the week. When we meet I always struggle with topics to talk about. Can anybody offer me any suggestions on topics of conversation and more importantly topics to avoid?

Tennis? even some people who don't usually watch it have beem caught up in the Murray excitement. And if she hasn't then she can explain why.

the weather? does she enjoy the heat or is it too hot?

the food and why you chose what to eat? is she enjoying what she chose?

what has she been doing since you last met up? what have you been doing since you last met up?

Personally I always try to avoid sex, politics and religion.

You have the nice knowledge that you must be doing a decent job at meeting occasionally and having lunch - because it keeps happening. If it was an unpleasant experience she wouldn't keep doing it :)

Thanks for the advice. We met for lunch yesterday but she spent part of the time playing with her phone. As I made the arrangements for the lunch I think she just agreed to meet me to keep me happy. I think I will wait for her to contact me to arrange another lunch.