Sign in to follow this  
dekra

It's been a while but I'm back

As the topic says I've not been on the forum for a while.

We moved back to our 2 bedroom home a few months ago as my son's night terrors seem to have subsided. He still sleeps very badly but he doesn't scream and yell like he did so his sister can share with him now. Also he can be trusted not to hurt her (or at least not badly as she's able to fight back). We feel them sharing is actually doing him the world of good and he is less isolated. The neighbours children he plays with and although there is still not any imaginative play they do like to play on bikes/scooters/xbox/ipad together and my son will ask to go out to play with them. HUGE HUGE step forward. School is going ok - not perfect and he's not happy going to school but is fine once he gets there (seems more to be an issue of reluctance to leave the xbox/ipad then anything else although he tells me he doesn't like the boys and girls). Language wise he has come on very well and he has basic functional language skills. He can even have a simple conversation with you - as long as it's something he wants to talk about. If he's not interested he'll just not look at you and ignore you.

One of the reasons for moving home once things had settled down was my own discomfort in the new house. It never felt like home and I was not comfortable there. So happy to be back where I feel relaxed and happy. We now have the luxury of time to convert our loft into a third bedroom over the next year or so and have the wheels in motion for this.

Yesterday I finally had my first appointment with the clinical psychologist for an AS assessment. We had well over an hour and only scratched the surface of things. She said I certainly do have a lot of indicators for a diagnosis of AS but she's not making a dx as yet. I have to see her for a few more sessions and also my mum and husband have forms to fill in. She will then prepare her report.

All in all things are good for us at the moment, hope most of you can say the same.