Sign in to follow this  
mumtoadozen

Looking for book recommendations!

I'm wondering if any of you guys can recommend any good books about ASD's. I'm a HUGE reader of biographies rather than information/advice based writings (my head absorbs more by the experiences of others unless I'm reading for my coursework)

At the moment I'm hovering over a few by Temple Grandin but can't decide which one I'd like to read first. I have purchased Raising Cubby and Twirling Naked in the street and no one noticed which are written by authors who were diagnosed later in life.

Many thanks

Chell

Hi Chell,

The autobiographies that I have read and found helpful are:

Look me in the eye - John Elder Robinson is quite good but I found the two autobiographies below much more insightful for myself -could relate to them more.

Liane Holliday Willey-Pretending to be Normal,

Nobody Nowhere - Donna Williams,

Jean Millar - Women from another Planet - this is not an autobiography but a collection of personal stories, poems etc, it's good and very interesting.

Martian in the Playground - Clare Sainsbury is excellent, again this is a collection of quotes and different peoples experiences of school, highly recommended.

Hope that helps,

Starlight

Thanks Starlight :D

I've purchased Look me in the eye as it seems quite up my street :) I also bought Running with scissors because it was one of those 'other people also bought....' and the synopsis was appealing :D

Should keep me busy for a while lol

Chell